Kingfisher

Name
Mitch
Edit My Images
Yes
Didn't think this came out to bad considering 300+2X at distance and hugely cropped.

IMG_9537.JPG

Mitch

pretty damned good I'd say! (y)
tripod or hand-held? (if hand held then even weller done :D )

Tell you what Mitch, Thats one Kingfisher more than Iv'e got in my collection..:razz:

Great catch at 600mm mate..(y)

Superb catch and well done :clap:. The blue plumage looks a little strange though to me - white balance a bit off ? :shrug:

A great catch (y)

I haven't seen a live one for over 10 years :(

A crop placing the bird a little further to the left of the frame would be the only thing I could suggest to improve it further

Excellent shot, Kingfisher is one of my 'most wanted' shots, I know where there are some but as yet no joy in seeing one.

Well done :clap:

Mike.

Excellent shot, Kingfisher is one of my 'most wanted' shots, I know where there are some but as yet no joy in seeing one.

Well done :clap:

Mike.
Agree, a great capture, and I am trying to beat him to it, as beat into second place most of time.

Really well done Mitch... thats one bird in my wanna list!!

I agree about the colour.. the kingfishers round here are more turquoise.. this is rather more blue. I believe they are blue in asia and such... have you been on a holiday we dont know about?

Better than my best (and only) too .. well done

Thanks everyone.

Here's another with his back turned,have looked at a few pic's elsewhere and can see what you mean by the colour but i think this is as was.

IMG_9446.JPG

Mitch

That certainly is a great capture of one of our more elusive and hard to capture natives Mitch ... (y) ... very well done to you ... :clap:

I do agree about the colouring though it just looks a tad over cooked somehow ... :thinking: ...Ewan's is more like the proper colouration imgo ... :shrug: ... but yours is a super capture nonetheless ... ;)

:p

Thanks Ven & Ian, i went back this morning and he came back and he is that colour :shrug:, think i got some interesting shots which i will post later.(y)

Mitch

Back