Critique Kingfisher

A bit of info might help with the critique :thinking:
Composition is too low and central with a lot of dead space behind the bird, looks a little soft but that could be me liking them a bit sharper than this.
Plus points are the whites are good and the colours look spot on (y)

As he said, soft and central. No exif showing.

Sorry Neil i am new to this. I havent played around with them they are as i took them.

Probably sound stupid but what is exif ?
It's the details of the shot electronically recorded when the picture is taken. Includes all the settings, camera and lens details etc etc.

Sorry Neil i am new to this. I havent played around with them they are as i took them.

Have a browse through some of the threads for ideas on what needs doing, if these are unprocessed you can do a lot of improvements to these.
Sorry i don't do proper critique these days as it tends to offend if imperfections are pointed out to some.

Dont worry about me Neil i am thick skinned.
What Neil and Brian are trying to say is that the bird is too central in the frame, that the colours are a bit washed out and the detail is not very crisp. This is entirely down to a lack of processing mate.

The pic below is a very quick edit to hopefully show what we mean.

runners KF by www.wildlifenorthwest.co.uk, on Flickr

Not the greatest edit, but difficult to edit such a small file, work with the original and you will get it loads better pal. Any questions, just ask.

Thick skinned people are easier to help, so ask away.

Last edited:
What Neil and Brian are trying to say is that the bird is too central in the frame, that the colours are a bit washed out and the detail is not very crisp. This is entirely down to a lack of processing mate.

The pic below is a very quick edit to hopefully show what we mean.

runners KF by www.wildlifenorthwest.co.uk, on Flickr

Not the greatest edit, but difficult to edit such a small file, work with the original and you will get it loads better pal. Any questions, just ask.

Thick skinned people are easier to help, so ask away.

A vast improvement and better than anything you've ever taken.

:withstupid:
I just added a bit on the bottom and cleaned the branch up.
Bit of sharpen on the bird.
More time and the RAW file would give a much better result (y)

kf edit
by Neil B on Talk Photography

:withstupid:
I just added a bit on the bottom and cleaned the branch up.
Bit of sharpen on the bird.
More time and the RAW file would give a much better result (y)

kf edit
by Neil B on Talk Photography

One down,180 pages to go (y)

Im not a bird photographer but I would have love to have taken this one and been really happy with it, but \i can see the difference in the re worked picture from the guys who know--- Its now a fabulous shot, nice one martin,

geoff

Back