Kingfisher

Edit My Images
No
I have been lucky enough to have Santa (along with my other half) leave me a day out to shoot diving kingfishers with a wildlife photographer for a day. Has anyone been on one of these days and if so any tips would be appreciated!

They move very fast, listen to the advice of the wildlife photographer as to settings and what to expect ... hope you see some and get some great images :)

I have been lucky enough to have Santa (along with my other half) leave me a day out to shoot diving kingfishers with a wildlife photographer for a day. Has anyone been on one of these days and if so any tips would be appreciated!
Do you know which site you are going to ....
To be honest if its a paid workshop most of the hard work as been done ,you will be advised on the day (as you dont know what the weather conditions will be) to what settings you should be starting out at,what lens and camera will also be factored in ,also you may not be the only person there ,unless it is a one to one then you should have no problems ,after all its what your paying for...also once you have sorted a date out you should be sent a itinerary for the day ,once you find out were your going ,come back and let us know i may know the person and possibly get some more info for you ...

Last edited:
It's in the Norfolk area, sounds remote! Just hoping for some decent shots and have been trying out different shutter speed and autofocus combinations on the birds in the garden!

Thank you! Been wanting to photograph kingfishers for a while so fingers crossed..

Any locations in East Anglia generally sounds good! I was wondering about Minsmere but I haven't heard anything much about kingfishers there. Wonder why!!!

Back