Kingfishers and possible meet up this saturday

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
I have this weekend free and fingers crossed the sun will play nice and be shining a little.
I dont drive and since surgery cant travel to far but im hoping to try catch some wildlife ( and even Kingfishers if possible ).

My 3 options are Kelsey Park , Bromley ( though tbh i dont think there are any of kingfishers there, plenty of squirrels mind and lots of dogwalkers so will most likely rule that out )

The Oaks Park, Banstead. This is right next to the mayflower Lavender farm which is still in bloom so could at least get shots of lavender then explore the park to see what i can find.

3rd and final option just up the road from the grove is Beddington Park / carshalton Ponds / The Grove / Wilderness Island. these are all ina triangle within 10 minutes walk of each other. Now i know there were definately Kingfishers here but seems doing a google newspaper reports that the location they were at was attacked by an 8 year old sith a large stick destroying there nesting spot ( hes father was asked to stop him and was ignored... disgusting! ) and the local resvere wardens have now feared the Kingfishers have left the area.
I know there were some well know urban Kingfishers around that way somewhere but for life of me cant recall which of the two locations they were at ( oaks park or the grove area ).

im sure someone even posted a few shots on here from there but cant for life of me find them.

Anyway plan is to visit saturday, either location is about 45 mins from me ( im in addington near biggin hill ) by Bus.

if anyone is local to these locations , has seen or have Kingfisher shots or wants to meet up for a few hours wandering around and shooting and seeing what we can find let me know.

have decided ( weather permitting to do 3 sections of the wandle trail. CAREW MANOR TO ELMS POND, then ELMS POND TO CARSHALTON PONDS followed by CARSHALTON PONDS TO WILDERNESS ISLAND steps 3 through to 6 on the below linked map.
total walking time around 40 minutes between each location and spend an hour or more at each place . looking to get there around 10am and have if it doesnt rain then stay until around 3-4pm
should be plenty to see and good chance to get some wildlife shots and with luck even catch the kingfishers

http://www.merton.gov.uk/wandle_trail-4.pdf

Back