Kingfishers feeding

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
Feeling a bit bored, I revisited some pictures from earlier this year. It sort of reminds me of warmer days :)
I didnt think they were up to scratch but have looked again and.... well.. let me know what you think :thinking:

1)
5364963142_d6f9266f50_b.jpg

2)
5365290902_6fb5945987_b.jpg

3) A motion blured shot, shes about to give the poor fish a severe headache.
This really needed a faster shutter speed, but somehow I like it as it does show the action.
5365290472_52e7147252_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

C & C Welcome

I like #1. How did you manage to get it to turn round in #2?

John

Good captures Trev (y), but I think that the exposure is just not quite right, and that the background does not help the shots.

Gordon

I like No3 it's amazing the flex they have in there neck and the fish must get some whack when it springs back round.

Good captures Trev (y), but I think that the exposure is just not quite right, and that the background does not help the shots.

Gordon

I agree, it's slightly overexposed, however nice captures regardless!

nice capture still trying to find them around my area but to no avail

Those a great. Glad you looked through them and found them for us to see.

Three good captures Trev, I agree that the bg is probably not one of the best but you just cannot change bg`s:LOL: As for exposure it looks pretty good to my eyes. If you take the watery back of the fish in the first shot and the end of the perch in the second shot, these are two naturaly bright areas anyway and give a good indication really when editing as to how far you can push things.

I feel that quality wise #2 has the edge over #1. I am not sure if this was down to the editing with #1 or more of a crop factor. I did a quick edit on the first one Trev, apart from adjusting the whole image I selected the fish seperately and reduced the brightness down a touch. Whether you think a little thing like that makes a difference or not is another matter :LOL:

Trev-2.jpg

yer, you are right, these are so not up to scratch! :thinking:

They are WAY past! WOW!!!!! lol.........:banana:

They look great, well done on capturing the moment, but I have to say I'm not a fan of blanked out or neutral backgrounds, to me it shouts of PS which although is handy it does lose its natural look

Hi Trev,in my opinion they are not as good as your other ones,BUT certainly too good to be binned,the BG obviously hasn,t helped but hey ho we cant have perfect light and backgrounds all the time,i like the one where its giving the stickle back a headache,,

regards,
john.

I'd be pleased with those!
Thanks Ken
I like #1. How did you manage to get it to turn round in #2?

John
No 2 was from a different perch, taken moments after the first shot, I asked no 1 to turn round but he wasnt cooperative lol. Thanks for the comment.
love No:1 !
Cheers.

Gordon
Thanks Gordon. The BG is water thats reflecting the blue sky.
I like No3 it's amazing the flex they have in there neck and the fish must get some whack when it springs back round.
Flexible and quick too, good to see though.
I agree, it's slightly overexposed, however nice captures regardless!
Thanks.
nice capture still trying to find them around my area but to no avail
Keep trying, but be aware, they are addictive lol
A nice set of captures Trev.long to see them again,Dive shots this year:D,thank you
Thank you John, it was a good day wasnt it. I'm up for dive shots too (y)
Those a great. Glad you looked through them and found them for us to see.
Cheers Les, appreciate the comment.

Three good captures Trev, I agree that the bg is probably not one of the best but you just cannot change bg`s:LOL: As for exposure it looks pretty good to my eyes. If you take the watery back of the fish in the first shot and the end of the perch in the second shot, these are two naturaly bright areas anyway and give a good indication really when editing as to how far you can push things.

I feel that quality wise #2 has the edge over #1. I am not sure if this was down to the editing with #1 or more of a crop factor. I did a quick edit on the first one Trev, apart from adjusting the whole image I selected the fish seperately and reduced the brightness down a touch. Whether you think a little thing like that makes a difference or not is another matter :LOL:
Thanks for taking the time to do the edit Rich, and I do agree that small details can make a big difference as can be seen here. Thanks for the pointers too, its appreciated. I have PM'd you too (y)
Like them,no 3 is fav as its unusual,regards Rob.
Cheers Rob, I was very much in 2 minds about that one but somehow I liked it too.
yer, you are right, these are so not up to scratch! :thinking:

They are WAY past! WOW!!!!! lol.........:banana:
Thank you very much, thats appreciated (y)
They look great, well done on capturing the moment, but I have to say I'm not a fan of blanked out or neutral backgrounds, to me it shouts of PS which although is handy it does lose its natural look
Cheers Shooter. The BG is water thats reflecting a blue sky but obviously outside the DoF so any water detail is lost. While I can see what your saying, there isnt any PS apart from the usual crop and USM applied. My personal view is that a shot should look natural and reflect the original scene as much as possible. Thanks for commenting.
Hi Trev,in my opinion they are not as good as your other ones,BUT certainly too good to be binned,the BG obviously hasn,t helped but hey ho we cant have perfect light and backgrounds all the time,i like the one where its giving the stickle back a headache,,

regards,
john.
Thanks a lot John, they were close to being binned but I did stop and think twice, glad I did now (y)

See them in my local stream and only managed one shot and that was not great.

Yours are lovely. Like the detail Number 1 for me is my fav(y)

Back