Kings Mill Hospital Mansfield

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not posted any images for ages but thought i'd share this one from this morning. Normally the building has coloured lights illuminating the roof "wings" but unfortunately not this morning.
Any advice appreciated.

KMH.jpg
[/IMG]

I think the shot would work much better showcasing the blue yellow and purple lights, if you get a chance to revisit. The orangey glow from the street lights round there is a real pain as well. I haven't taken a shot of the hospital from over the res, but if there was somewhere on the far bank where you could get the coloured lights reflected in the water, that might work well.
Perhaps by getting the hospital more square on, and using the rule of thirds to place the hospital, you might get some good results.
Just my thoughts
Cheers

Matty, i had been emailing the communications officer there yesterday as you need permission to shoot within the boundaries of the hospital and she told me they turn them off at 9:00am but alas when i was there at 7am this morning they were off so i went round the lake. I might try again tomorrow morning.

Ahh, ignorance is bliss. I have been there a couple of times shooting in the grounds, just turned up and click, click, click. I didn't know you needed permission. Oops.

Might be an idea to try a wider shot around sunset, as I think, if you get the clouds lit up, they would normally be in the background when shooting the hospital front view. At sunrise, i would have thought it more tricky to get anything of interest in the sky. Though I guess the carpark in front would be empty in the mornings??

Definitely think its worth a revisit. I was quite happy with the last time I shot there, http://aperturedramatics.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/hospitalisation.html The colour really made the shots for me.

Don't particularly like the building though, it's ok for now, but it will look really crap in 5-10 years time. Just as the old maternity ward does now.

Great shots of the site on your blog. Yes i'll definately be revisiting the site as time permits and my confidence grows. Its getting the balance right of light, not many people around and opportunity.

Back