Critique Kip Marina

I like this one one Steve

I've a slight issue with the main boat going out of frame. You could have lost an inch off the left hand side to gain a bit on the right.

That said, it's such a busy shot that it doesn't really detract.

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
Is it over sharpened making the masts and rigging look pixily or it is just my screen?

Boats can be a really hard subject when there are a lot of them like here, but you've just about scored with the reflections in the "empty" foreground water and the red yacht in the middle of the photo really draws the eye. I'm guessing that converting that red one to white/grey/dark would reduce the impact of the photo.

Reactions: ST4
Boats can be a really hard subject when there are a lot of them like here, but you've just about scored with the reflections in the "empty" foreground water and the red yacht in the middle of the photo really draws the eye. I'm guessing that converting that red one to white/grey/dark would reduce the impact of the photo.

It's deliberately composed to include the reflections of the masts. Hence it's not obeying the rule of thirds.

Agree re the red boat, I took this 30 mins before sunset as I wanted still waters and warm plus cool tones in the sky

Back