Kirby Victorian Day

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some more photos I took, not quite sure what is wrong with them. Please comment.

KirbyPiper.jpg

KirbyF.jpg

KirbyFair.jpg

KirbyFai.jpg

Thankyou

I'm not too keen on the 1st one tbh as it's a bit too busy for my liking but the others are very nice shots (all are still a bit too dark though?) - aside from the darkness, the 2nd is excellent & the best shot of yours so far imo, great personality shot, very nicely done.

What processing have you used for these shots - are they straight from the camera or have you done much to them?
If they have not been darkened at all in the post processing stages then I'd ensure that your monitor is properly calibrated or (if it already is) be tempted to maybe lower the brightness of your cameras display a bit as your shots seem to be a bit dark - I don't think it's underexposure but I may be wrong?

As you have your "edit" box ticked I have had a really quick play with one of your images to show levels, curves & slight sharpening (y) (If you'd like me to remove it for any reason just send me a PM & I'll sort it straight away (y))

KirbyFai1.jpg

Hi moomike the photos are more or less straight from the camera, apart from a bit of cropping and pulling in the levels thats really. :shrug:
Just getting to grips with photoshop. :bang:
I thought the red glowed on the faries a bit for my liking but I wanted to know what others thought. (I dont mind you editing my photos as Im here to learn) I will try that one again. (y)
The drummers & pipers I was trying to get some movement trying to show how static the bodies were and how frantic the arms/hands were as they played. May be the same effect but maybe with one or two musicians. (Just a thought) :shrug:

I think the idea of limiting the number of musicians in your drumming shot would definitely work - think that the idea is sound, just doesn't work for me in this case (1st image).

It may just be me that thinks your images are a little dark - only my opinion after all, one mans paradise & all that. Am sure you'll get more comments that should give you a better idea (y)

Am liking the set of images so far, you seem to have got better character shots than me whilst I went for more candid stylee. Think we had the event pretty much covered :LOL:

You've done well with the fairies, all mine came out with bad camera shake, can't think why :wacky:
Personally I prefer the original to moomikes edit, but it is lacking in contrast. I agree about the others though, no 1 is too busy and no 2 is very good.

I do want to know how did you get up to eye level ? ( for the rest of you the girls are on quite tall stilts )

Hi Paul, I waited for the faries to walk into the shot (and being tall helped too)
thanx for the comments Brian

Back