Kirkistown 1st Feb 09

slideordie

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
First track day with the new Canon 70-300 IS. Was chopping and changing between IS off, and having it on in Mode 1 or 2 to see what was best for me. Didn't stay too long as it was just absolutely freezing and I was knackered after following the WRC yesterday.

That's the excuses out of the way, now on to the pics :D

Would have liked a bit of track in front of this Exige but I had it framed too tight. Was very pleased with the crispness of it though.

kirky_feb_01.jpg

kirky_feb_05.jpg

kirky_feb_03.jpg

kirky_feb_02.jpg

kirky_feb_04.jpg

Looks pretty good to me! As the poster above says, try a little more space in front of the car and you'll be bang on.

How did you experiment go with the IS then? Its annoying the EXIF doesnt show the setting, but then again the function is lens based for backwards compatibility anyway...

BTW were you pleased with the 70-300 IS? I always have been with my one, its streets ahead of most of the non Canon L stuff out there

Last edited:
Thanks guys. To be honest, I really don't know which setting is best yet. I don't know how well people rate Mode 2 for panning, must have a search.

Well, I've used it a lot!

Nice photos and a good first outing by all accounts. Like you say the Exige came out really crisply. I like #4 too, particularly good sensation of the speed in that one.

Thanks.

Removed the line along the sky in #5, think it looks much better without it.

Nice set. You should use mode 2 for panning. Mode 1 corrects for both vertical and horizontal movements of the lens, which can cause IS to have a bit of a tantrum if you try and pan with it. Mode 2 only corrects for vertical movements, allowing you to pan freely. My Sigma lens gets very upset if I try and pan with the IS in mode 1.

cracking shots m8.. how did u know when the event was on at kirkiston???. i wanna get down there myself!!!

Last edited:
Back