Kirsty @ Christmas

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
My youngest yesterday.

5D MkII, 70-200L f2.8 IS @ 180mm, 1/100 sec, @ f2.8 ISO 3200

Kirstyxmas.jpg

ISO3200, lack of noise is very impressive. Any PP? 5d a new xmas pressie?

ISO3200, lack of noise is very impressive. Any PP? 5d a new xmas pressie?

PP was a bit of cropping, bit of sharpening, noise reduction from raw, colour fill to a couple of the lights on the tree as they were too bright and distracting and resizing from the 60meg file to something more manageable.

5D MkII is an early birthday present really as my wife and mother both gave me £500 for my 50th Birthday next month, I coupled that with the money from the sale of my EOS 3 and 5D and added a bit of my own. It arrived on Christmas Eve and i have already taken 355 images although some of these have been brackets to try some 21MP HDRs.

Excellent shot Ed congrats on what looks like my next purchase after the 100-400L. I reckon you must be pleased with that one. ;)

Very nice, very clean at that ISO, although there is a slight bleed along the contrast lines (particularly her top shoulder), which could be due them being OOF?

I would have liked a little light bounced from the left to remove some of the shadows around her eyes, but appreciate it was not a 'formal' type of portrait sitting.

Very nice, very clean at that ISO, although there is a slight bleed along the contrast lines (particularly her top shoulder), which could be due them being OOF?

I would've thought that was the lens? Chromatic aberration in bokeh is fairly common (although I have no idea if it's common in the 70-200 2.8 IS).

Back