Kitchen cupboard door hinge Help

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Kitchen cupboard door hinge snapped in two this morning. I've been looking to see if I can find the same kind, but I can't find them. It has a stamped on the back, 2A7.
These have more of an angle on them than the other kitchen cupboards as it's for a corner one.
I have no idea what I'm looking for. Help please.

Have you got a Howdens anywhere near you? ... usually very helpful.

None too sure you find ones with the identical shape to fit into the door rebates but maybe find suitable here

Or B&Q etc

If you can be sure of the angle maybe 170degrees?

None too sure you find ones with the identical shape to fit into the door rebates but maybe find suitable here

Or B&Q etc

If you can be sure of the angle maybe 170degrees?

Tried Wicks. Although really helpful they didn’t have any that bent at that angle.
As for 170 degrees.... no idea lol

What make are the kitchen cabinets?

You'll probably find that any kitchen cabinet manufacturer will have a similar hinge. They're pretty much interchangable.
B&Q, Howdens (the largest manufacturer of kitchen units in the UK), Screwfix(owned by B&Q), Wickes, Wren...

Screwfix(owned by B&Q),
Not quite, both are owned by the Kingfisher group.

B&Q are your best bet, you can match it to what they have on the shelf. Not used a Howdens as none close to me but assume they are similar to screwfix in that everything is catalogue based

Not quite, both are owned by the Kingfisher group.

B&Q are your best bet, you can match it to what they have on the shelf. Not used a Howdens as none close to me but assume they are similar to screwfix in that everything is catalogue based
Not really.
All their stock is behind the counter, but trade can wander in and look (or if you ask). They tend to know about their stock :)

You'll get them from a Hafele supplier.

It looks like a 45deg hinge. That refers to the angle of the door to the cabinet - 170deg relates to the opening angle.

Went into wicks earlier. Very helpful but didn’t have anything like mine.

Maybe if you said where you were others who know your area might be able to suggest other 'visitable' places???

You'll get them from a Hafele supplier.

It looks like a 45deg hinge. That refers to the angle of the door to the cabinet - 170deg relates to the opening angle.
@Skyline

Only looking on my phone so hard to be sure but this one looks close'ish?

I can now see more of what I'm meant to be looking for...

Do you think these will do the same job? 165 Degree Kitchen Cabinet Folding Hinge

The hole size is standard, the bits that aren't are the fixing holes and how it opens.
It's best to compare against the one you are going to buy, which entails a trip to a kitchen shop...

Definitely not the first link, that’s just a 165 hinge.

I presume you have a corner cupboard with a 45deg door? So when the hinge is closed, the cup is at 45 to the plate. That’s the crucial part, not the opening degrees.

You are surrounded by lots of potential sources.

IMO take pictures of the cabinet & its door do the rounds.........though I did find this place who it seems are one of those companies that refurbish kitchens by replacing doors, they surely will "know their hinges...." ;)

This one

With the hinge and pictures, the above or 'a n other' store send you on your way with what you need!

You are surrounded by lots of potential sources.

IMO take pictures of the cabinet & its door do the rounds.........though I did find this place who it seems are one of those companies that refurbish kitchens by replacing doors, they surely will "know their hinges...." ;)

This one

With the hinge and pictures, the above or 'a n other' store send you on your way with what you need!

Are these kind of place even open at the moment?

I was trying to find on Amazon only because as a prime member I can get it the next day in most cases

I was trying to find on Amazon only because as a prime member I can get it the next day in most cases

Just take it to your local Howdens, (they should be open to supply tradesmen) and ask them to match it if possible.

If you start ordering online I could almost guarantee it won't fit! This is the voice of (bitter!) experience speaking! :runaway:

Better still get a nice lady friend to go into Howdens ... ;)

Many "trades" places are open.............a phone call will suffice to tell you yes/no in each case.

Best of luck in getting the help and the correct pieces (I say plural because IMO if one hinge has gone, why risk the other going in the [near?] future) ;)

PS the electrical suppliers places I need to visit next week are considered essential services and I need their products.

Last edited:
Howdens are open.
I was at my local one this week.
There are 5 Howdens near Gravesend.

I should point out that prices for kitchens etc are artificially high to keep the public out :) Trade get discount that goes up the more they use Howdens.
I'm on 90% discount.
But having said that, they are helpful if someone is just needing a part, quite often just giving it out. They keep spare part boxes of things like hinges for trade to rifle through.

Have a look in the spares section at Ikea,in my local one its located in customer eturnsr

Have a look in the spares section at Ikea,in my local one its located in customer eturnsr
They're not IKEA hinges - they have a ridged, quick release plate

Good idea to get a full set and replace them all. The other hinge on that door may well have been stressed when the broken one broke.

Back