Kite Boarding

Edit My Images
Yes
I quite like the shots (obv, both of the same rider and the same jump), but they don't seem to leap out at me. What could I have done differently please?

2008_05_07_White_Horse_0052_edited-1sml.jpg

2008_05_07_White_Horse_0054editsml.jpg

That's brave or something. I like them

They are good shots, maybe if you could get the rider to come towards you so you can see the effort on his face that would add something.

Having the kite or even another kite in the distance would help to show whats on the other end of the line, but thats not easy considering the lines will be about 30m long...

hey social lucker i've recently started taking quite a few kite shots...the great thing about kite landboarding is that you can get up really close. Go and grab your wide angle lens and croutch down near them when they jump and you can get some great shots. Its not easy getting the focusing right...but worth it when you get a good outcome. This way you can also get the rider and the kite in the same frame if u get the right angle.

Shot 2 is still a good shot though: great peak action capture.

As he said! Go wide, get low. Also use the rule of thirds (cropping retrospectively if needed) and as many frames per second as possible. The very best shots give a sense of connection between the kite and rider, rider and ground or rarely - kite, rider and ground! Try and focus on the head, try to get facial expressions and try faster shutter speeds to reduce motion blur (or go the otherway and get creative with the blur!).

Back