Kitesurfing

Three very nice shots there Nigel and the last one is particularly well composed.(y)

last ones nice.. others juts look like you got your settings wrong and liked the results :)

The third one works because it is dynamic although i think it could have done with including the 3 kites for having more diagonal lines.
The second is too messy messy for me and that "trick" doesn't look much like a trick but more like a "i just got pulled reel hard and i'm struggling" kind of moment.
The first don't work for me because a close up silhouette with no detail doesn't bring anything to look at. If the silhouette is part of a composition it can work but on it's own...
Why did you choose the black and white? Kites are full of colors and so is the sea?

I like these but why black and white ?? Maybe they were burned out anyway ?? Good though :)

Thanks for the feedback, main reason for being B/W is that the sun was behind them and a lot of the colors were lost, couldn't get the other side of them so the sun was behind me. Main problem I find shooting kiting is trying to get the kite and rider in due to big gap between them.

Back