Kittens

Edit My Images
Yes
1311150292_0da8aed6cb.jpg

My first photo post! (hope I've done it right!) Its a pic of our new bundles of curtain-climbing, sofa-clawing joy!

It was taken while playing around with my new 50mm 1.8 lens. I was really struggling to get it to focus properly (something to do with their dark fur?), this is the best I managed. Any advice on how to deal with this?

Any other advice would be gratefully received too!

Thanks

BM

Takes a while to figure outh which bit belongs to which cat.

Yes it will be hard to focus on a dark object. It's equally hard to focus on a light object. Focussing works on edges or contrast regions. It should however lock onto the eyes splendidily.

You should probably use a slightly darker background then there isnt so much contrast / dynamic range to cope with. That will let you expose the cats correctly an not lose them in the darkness or blow the highlights.

I love it :D

Awww :love: Please keep practising and posting more of these adorable little cuties. As oldgit said, a darker background may help as there won't be such a difficult contrast between the black and white then.

They're really cute and it's a good photo too, love the pose. Black fur doesn't reflect light very well at all, as said a darker background will help.

:agree:

Great pic! Also would love to see some close-ups of their eyes :)

I'll see what I can do, but getting the little blighters to hold still for more than a few seconds at a time is tough going! :)

Thanks for the responses everyone. (y)

I'll have to see if I can get them to pose in front of a dark background and see how I get on.

BM

Back