Knightstone Island, Weston-Super-Mare

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Got up early and headed down to Weston-Super-Mare this morning hoping for a bit of colour in the sky at sunrise. The sky was disappointing so played around with my Lee 10 stopper instead.

This is a shot of the causeway that leads to Knightstone Island and was taken as the tide made its way in. Had to move several times at the tide comes in really quick here!

Gave it a black and white finish as I thought it brought out the detail better.

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment, good or bad.

Knightstone Island by Northern Tony, on Flickr

Likes this. Great composition. Black and White really works.

Composition works well and I like the low-down aspect which help lead along the causeway into the island - bit of distortion on the extreme left but otherwise nice conversion :)

Very nice indeed. Love that sky! Mono conversion suits it very well.

Composition works well and I like the low-down aspect which help lead along the causeway into the island - bit of distortion on the extreme left but otherwise nice conversion :)

Appreciate the feedback.
Could you point out whereabouts in the shot is the distortion as I seem to have missed it?

Appreciate the feedback.
Could you point out whereabouts in the shot is the distortion as I seem to have missed it?

The flats to the extreme left appear to be leaning out, could be an optical illusion but that's how it appears to me - small point :)

Back