Critique Knocking your teeth out means people send you flowers...

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a bit of a rough couple of weeks - had an accident and very nearly completely knocked out three front teeth. I'm not even exaggerating either - it was awful and they are currently glued together in the hope that they can be saved. Suffice to say I am feeling a bit sorry for myself and a few lovely people have sent me flowers in an attempt to cheer me up - so I've taken some pictures of them. C&C always welcome - I like taking shots of flowers but it is tricky to try to make them 'interesting' or develop a style. These were all taken outside in the garden with my Nikon D7000 and Tamron 90mm macro lens.

Flower_20190118_145108 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Flower_20190118_145024 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Flower_20190118_144929 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Flower_20190118_144641 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Flower_20190118_142627 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Ouch! Sorry to hear that - I hope you make a full recovery.

Nice images - I especially like the last one. :)

Ouch! Sorry to hear that - I hope you make a full recovery.

Nice images - I especially like the last one. :)

Sorry to hear this Fi so wishing you a quick recovery.
I do like flower photography too and should do more my self, all the images are beautifully taken with great lighting and colours plus 3 and 5 are my favourites.

Thanks Trevor / Dave - appreciate you stopping by to comment and for the well wishes (y)

Firstly, here's wishing you a speedy recovery and hope all is well.
Loving the images, No4 for me, the depth, biting focus and definition is sublime.

Firstly, here's wishing you a speedy recovery and hope all is well.
Loving the images, No4 for me, the depth, biting focus and definition is sublime.

Thanks Paul - I was quite pleased with that one as it is actually what I was aiming for.

knocked out three front teeth - so I've taken some pictures of them.

Thank goodness you shot the flowers - had me worried for a moment! ;)

Hope they manage to get you all sorted soon, Fi.

Like the limited DoF, although I prefer to have the Stigma and Anther in sharp focus rather than the edge of the petals (please note the bolded "I").

OUCH! I hope it all comes good in the end for you Fi (y)

Thank goodness you shot the flowers - had me worried for a moment! ;)

Hope they manage to get you all sorted soon, Fi.

Like the limited DoF, although I prefer to have the Stigma and Anther in sharp focus rather than the edge of the petals (please note the bolded "I").

Thanks Nod - no worries re the bolded "I". I've got lots of flower shots with the stigma in sharp focus like you say and was aiming for something a bit different.

Nice shots. Hope you get sorted and you feel better soon.

Thanks Steve

OUCH! I hope it all comes good in the end for you Fi (y)

Thanks Chris - we've been on what seems like an endless run of very bad stuff happening (my dad and sister dying ,my cancer, both my partner and I being made redundant at the same time and so on...) so it would be nice if something could go well for once but I'm not really expecting it to.

so it would be nice if something could go well for once but I'm not really expecting it to.
Thats a real bummer Fi :(
But I'll keep my fingers crossed for a better 2019 (y)

Sorry to hear the news Fi, hope the road to recovery is a short one.....

Lovely sharp shots as usual.

Back