Knowlton Church

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a bit of time getting out last night to do enjoy the clear skies we've had recently - first child free night in a while, so loaded up on hot chocolate, and dialled in the tracker.

I'm starting to get the hang of the tracker now, and alignment is getting better - this is 14 stacked shots, plus a single foreground - the sky has been stacked in Sequator, and then merged in Photoshop, with some slight edits to remove some of the light polution, but leave a little of the horizon glow from Dorchester.

I learnt a lot in terms of post processing on this one, but there is always something new - happy for critique and suggestions

Sky Shot at 24mm, F2.8, ISO1600, 30 seconds x 13
Foreground shot at 24mm F2.8 ISO 1600 30 seconds with dubious use of a headtorch for some light painting

Church-Recovered-Recovered.jpg by Simon Stocks, on Flickr

Looks like you had clearer (or less hazy!) horizons than we had down on the coast!

Critique......? I do sometimes like the more central composition & the MW does arch over the church nicely. think it's too dark though and the MW core is sort of lost a little in the sky. Embrace some of the light pollution. Stack your foreground images too & light paint from the sides if you can ;)

Back