Kodachrome-final roll

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
No
Just got my last roll this morning, anyone else shooting a final roll for old times sake? Must admit I haven't shot much 35mm slide in my career but why not.
Just can't decide what to shoot...

Kodachrome 64

I bought two rolls to shoot, shot one, got one left too. Not sure when the latest I can post it off is , I think it needs to be at Switzerland by nov 29th

Just got my last roll this morning, anyone else shooting a final roll for old times sake? Must admit I haven't shot much 35mm slide in my career but why not.
Just can't decide what to shoot...

Kodachrome 64

Finished mine off with a trip to the seaside and a couple of shots for the "A Day in TalkPhotography" bit.

It is November the 30th for European process paid Kodachrome, after that date Dwaynes (the lab who process the films for Kodak) will not honour the mailers but their K-14 processing line is not actually stopping right up to the 30th of December so you can pay $10 and postage costs and get it done after the November deadline.

I'm in the process of finishing my first and only roll that I managed to get off Ebay a few months ago for the small price of £6.00 and its in date!

I've never shot Kodachrome before, I bought a roll from Boots several months back.. too scared to shoot it though. (I've never shot slide before either)
I'll need to get it shot real soon!

I've never shot Kodachrome before, I bought a roll from Boots several months back.. too scared to shoot it though. (I've never shot slide before either)
I'll need to get it shot real soon!

There's nothing to be scared about. Just be careful with the exposures, slide film doesn't give you much latitude.

There's nothing to be scared about. Just be careful with the exposures, slide film doesn't give you much latitude.

...and don't think "negative film" i.e. "I'll give a bit of extra exposure for luck"........If you are going to make a small mistake in exposure using slide film it's best to slightly under expose than over.

Meter slightly towards the highlights or error on the side of underexposure and you should be fine, or if in doubt, bracket.
I'm off now to start shooting, got a bit of time between the jobs and the light looks quite nice today.

Last edited:
Finished the roll today, off to the US via Switzerland for processing tomorrow :)

How long does it take to get the slides back? Guess the are a bit busy at the moment.

Takes around three weeks from posting to delivered back.

My last roll came back in just under a fortnight, though I'm pretty sure that they'll be going full steam at the moment.

I posted my final roll at the weekend, only half finished unfortunately and half of them were just taken for the sake of using up the film.

Back