Kodak ColorPlus vs Fujicolor C200

Just thinking......If you go on holiday, why take C200 or colorplus, when you get better results from a better film...these snaps were from 35mm Reala (exp 2007)..ok you can't buy it now but in 120 format (using Reala) these snap would be even better.
Dev and scanned at Asda and the usual adjustments and spot touching done in PS.

Ibiza

Ibiza

Hi, thinking of going to buy some film from Poundland. Can anyone confirm that they still stock it , 16th Oct 2014?

Hi, thinking of going to buy some film from Poundland. Can anyone confirm that they still stock it , 16th Oct 2014?

They sure do, although it depends on the specific shop (eg, there are two on Queen's St in Cardiff, but only one stocks film). It seems to mostly be 24 exposure 200 ISO stuff, but you can find 36exp and 400 ISO too.

Thank you. I'm in Glasgow, so I'll be in tomorrow first thing. I've been buying the kind of cameras that I could only dream about as a youngster off Ebay and having a ball. Next step will be 120.

Good man and welcome to the wonderful world of the Film and Conventional section.

I'm always trying to persuade people to try film on sites and my favourite example is this taken with colorplus and a compact, the film was OOD for 10p and Nikon AF210 compact 50p (both from the bootie)..... dev and scanned at Tesco or Asda. Total cost £3.60.
I'm such a newbie with a compact I got my finger in the way on the right side:rolleyes:

No finger in the way on this shot with colorplus, same compact:-

Last edited:
Stephen, it's often hard to find, so look for the section that sells blank CDs and other related paraphernalia. Odds on, somewhere very close by (possibly under a heap of other junk) there will be a stack of little red film boxes. Pound to a penny it'll be 24-shot 200 ISO, which is re-badged Fuji C200, but none the worse for that. If you see any 400, please publish it on the other thread, and the ravening hordes of film fanatics will descend and clean them out!

Oh, and welcome as well. You didn't say what cameras you'd bought? Also, we'd like to see some results, of course!

I prefer colour plus 200 to vista 200 I think. Vista seems grainy in comparison. I prefer the kodak colours.

Main advantage of consumer film is that it doesn't need special storage. No need to even care whether it has been in a hot car for 3 weeks then stuck in a bag for 6 months then finally developed ;)

Bump goes the thread. :D

Just resurrected this as I've picked up three rolls of Colorplus today. I fancy giving it a try as in most of the examples I've seen, it has a lovely "retro" look to it reminiscent of family sanps from when I was a kid. I suspect that, like Vista 200, it'll probably look at its best in bright, sunny natural light conditions.

I think I'll run a roll through my Trip 35, as that seems quite apt. :)

Back