Kodak Ektachrome is almost here - some of our test shots

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
In case anyone has missed it, the new Kodak Ektachrome E100 is almost with us. We are expecting stock sometime in October and we are putting together process paid options too, as E6 is a much harder process to find these days - especially a high quality E6 service. What we don't want is customers poorly processing the film and then being disappointed with the results and blaming the film!!

Here are some samples from the beta testing we did for Kodak. Matt Wells shot all images in Sutherland, Scottish Highlands. Processed and scanned at Ag.

Attachments

• 37920004 small no c.jpg
    37920004 small no c.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 37890019 small 2 no c.jpg
    37890019 small 2 no c.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 37930027 small 2 no c.jpg
    37930027 small 2 no c.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 37910020 small no c.jpg
    37910020 small no c.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 93
Thanks for posting those and I think I will give your process paid option a try when available.

Do you have a pre-order date Matt? The site doesn't have an option as yet.

Looking great Matt, I cant wait for it to come back, happy to put in an order as soon as its available.

@AgPhotographic Matt, Any chance it will be available before the 6th October?

Last edited:
Really hope this is in stock before 20th October, I'd love to take a roll of this on my honeymoon with me

Thanks for posting those and I think I will give your process paid option a try when available.

I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question... but... is 'process paid' just the cost of developing paid at the time of purchasing the film?

Last edited:
Still all a shame that it wasn't 35mm Kodachrome for about £20 and all sent back in mounts....well it would give me an excuse to get my slide projector out again, although if I was to use 35mm slide film I still have plenty of spare slide mounts.

@AgPhotographic, Do you have an inside word on whether this will be released in 120 or sheet film formats in the coming months or so, or even at all?

It's a popular question! and one that I put, with some trepidation (because I know they have been asked a lot!), to Kodak themselves. The response is, they want to see how well it performs in 35mm first, and then they'll launch in 120 if it goes well in 35mm.

These days, from what we see our end, the volume customers - those people who shoot a sack full at a time - are all 120 shooters.

When they launched Ektar 100 as few years ago, they initially released only in 35mm and then 120 and sheet followed on later - so this may be a similar situation with Ektachrome.

No worries, many thanks for getting back to me :)

If it's any help, you can add one to the list of customers that would shoot it in 120 and sheet, but sadly not 35mm.

Looking forward to shooting a few rolls of 35mm to explore the film's characteristics, then shooting some 120 when it becomes available; I don't think I've shot 120 format E6 since the mid 1990s. :)

Back