Kodak Gold - Epson V500

Simon, very nice shot, the V500 is certainly working for you!

In another part of Norfolk I am as I type scanning some Kodacolor Gold 100 on my 'new to me' Plustek 7600 scanner!

Thanks, been toying with the idea of getting a scanner for ages but wasn't sure what the quality would be like but so far just playing around with it I find it good enough for me and just as good as the average scans from some labs, especially as I picked it up new for £100.

Reactions: Jao
Hi Simon, spookily I read your thread as I had jusg unpacked my V550 I just bought to can my medium format negatives. Your scan seems to be working and the detail looks good so I assume your pleased with the results

Hi Simon, spookily I read your thread as I had jusg unpacked my V550 I just bought to can my medium format negatives. Your scan seems to be working and the detail looks good so I assume your pleased with the results

Yes very pleased, it took a bit of playing around with 1st to get the best results but I've still only been using it for 1 day, I've now settled on scanning the negs with basic settings, 48bit colour, 2400 dpi, and adjusted the histogram to get the maximum amount of info and then did the processing in Lightroom with a few more minor adjustments in Photoshop, still early days but I've found the results great, some of the detail/dynamic range is even better than the original prints I have, the hardest thing I found on a couple of the shots was getting the colour right but most were fine.

Back