Kodak No.3 film

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I want to play around with an old Kodak No.3 which uses a 3 1/4 x 5 1/2 size roll film. From my research it looks like it was discontinued in the 70s. Is there an equivalent that anyone knows about? I stuck a couple of rolls of 120 through but the 3 pictures you get are hard to compose as there is quite a bit of cropping.

Thanks for your advice.

Gavin

120 film with the cropping is about the best it gets I'm afraid.

The only way I can see of obtaining a "full" image (ie the complete scene that is seen in the viewer) is to load with a piece of sheet film cut to size ( I've done this with many cameras) but of course you only get one frame at a time and it is a little fiddly and time consuming.

So do you end up with a neg 2 1/4 x 5 1/2 then? Sounds like a nice pano shot.

Andy

So do you end up with a neg 2 1/4 x 5 1/2 then? Sounds like a nice pano shot.

Andy

Yep!......similar pano effect applies with other format cameras such as 116/616 which will offer 5 frames from a 120 roll.

Two things to remember are to roll the film on sufficiently and to ensure you compose correctly bearing in mind that that the image seen in the viewer is inverted on the film, thus the top of your planned shot becomes the bottom and all your friends/family could be cropped incorectly and come out beheaded! :D

Back