Kodak Retina IBS - Rare ??

Name
fred (frederick)
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday, I was given a Kodak Retina IBS. which has the f2.8/45mm lens. Knowing nothing about Kodaks I have been searching on the net and supposedly it is a rare camera. Does anyone have any information about this model ? It is in mint condition apart from the focusing scale being loose, and it can be lifted off the lens. There seems to be a film loaded and partially used.
At the moment I am still trying to find out info. about manuals etc. If anyone can suggest an easy repair in re-attaching the focus scale, I would welcome any suggestions.
Thanks in anticipation, and keeping my fingers crossed. !!!

VirtualAdept, Yes, thanks for that. Also found details from a Mischa Koning which gives lots of information about Kodak cameras, including the Retina IBS. It looks like there were only 13,000 produced. I don't know if that will increase its value much - not really bothered about that. I would like to get it working and see the results.

By the looks of it the focussing scale could be held in place by small screws or just glued on. There's a guy in NZ who's pretty knowledgable about the whole Retina family, although there's precious little about the I BS (type 040) check his website out here http://retinarescue.com
Before you take pictures of important or interesting stuff get yourself of cheap Poundland film and just run it through to test all is working properly, then get it dev'd at Asda or Tesco if your local branch has that facility.

RaglanSurf, Thanks for that. I think I came across "retinarescue" earlier whilst I was trawling for information re the model. I will have a look at your link shortly.
Examining underneath the focusing/distance ring, there does not seem to be any screw holes by which the focuing ring could be attached, - so it looks like the possibility of it having been glued on. Rare ? Value ? Looks like they have been seeling on ebay for £20-30.

Rare? It may possibly be rare in the great scheme of things purely by the fact not that many were made and although it's quite a nice example from the era I don't think it's particularly sought after.

I have contacted retinarescue, and have had an email from Chris. He says the focusing ring was NOT glued in position, but is fixed with 3 screws. I cannot fathom out where the screws should be, or any corresponding holes where they should go. He will check his own IBS and let me know.

Mr Bump, Pics of what ? The camera, or the pics of the suggested repair ? He has emailed me 3-4 photos of how things should be. Later trying to download them, and now I cannot get back into TalkTalk email !!!! When I do get them I will try and add them here, for the benefit of others.

good stuff :)

the theme is we all like pics here :)

Back