Konica Auto S3

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
My first post in the film section. I got my dad some ilford film for the above camera that he had squirreled away. Don't know much about it apart from it's a range finder and worth a tidy bundle on eBay. What you guys reckon to it? Anyone with experience of them?

Thanks! Nice feature set there. From what I understood of it. It's not a camera I really remember from my childhood really. I am sure he had a practica usually. Well, it's was a long time ago and he still has a fair few cameras knocking around!

looking at the manual, it seems a nice bit of kit.

(what did we do before t'internet - it's just so easy to find onliine versions of manuals etc. for anything you think look interesting :) )

Superb, thanks! I will pass the link onto my dad. I don't think he has the paper version at home.

I agree with TheBigYin, I picked up 125 cameras from my Dads 6 months ago and I've now read nearly every manual there is for them and all the reviews and write ups available too!

All courtesy of the Internet. Though I did give a big donation to the Butkus website.

I agree with TheBigYin, I picked up 125 cameras from my Dads 6 months ago and I've now read nearly every manual there is for them and all the reviews and write ups available too!

All courtesy of the Internet. Though I did give a big donation to the Butkus website.

I know what you mean there - think i'm due to donate a bit more, tbh - after splashing out on the russian rangefinderski and now the A-1...

:LOL: - tha Butkus is doing well, had two, another one due I reckon for the Retina as well. Sadly none for the Autoreflex though :(

***and worth a tidy bundle on eBay***

erm I'll have to watch out for it at boot sales.

That doesn't stop them turning up at boot sales... :D

I know! It would be a bloody good find if someone got one.

Last year, at the bootie, got a mint Yashica T5 for £1.50.... knocked the guy down from £2. Not much so far this year, just a pinhole folding camera, Pentacon 50mm f1.8 (I was going to offer 50p as the Iris was stuck open) and Helios 28mm on a Zenit for £5....couldn't be bothered to haggle as I think that lens was made in Japan.

Back