L Bracket for film camera.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys.

I'm going to push myself to get back into shooting some film alongside digital.

I have a Yashica FX-3 & some primes that was bought for me new back in the mid nineties!

What I am after, is an L Bracket to fit it. I'm guessing just a 'universal' one? Has anyone bought one to recommend please? eBay? Amazon?

Hi guys.

I'm going to push myself to get back into shooting some film alongside digital.

I have a Yashica FX-3 & some primes that was bought for me new back in the mid nineties!

What I am after, is an L Bracket to fit it. I'm guessing just a 'universal' one? Has anyone bought one to recommend please? eBay? Amazon?

I have this one, which I bought for my Lumix GX7, but it allows you to slide the central screw when attaching it, so it should fit a decent range of cameras - the description says if fits all DSLRs, you my guess is you'd be fine with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N63S2YF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
I use the L-bracket from SRB. I have both the small and medium ones, but actually the small would be fine for the Pentax LX as well as for the MX/ME. £25 plus p&p I think... sorry, didn't realise both the others were cheaper. If you want to go even more up market, 3-legged thing have one also from SRB for £65.

I find the SRB one reasonably comfortable to hand hold, although of course it's not designed particularly as a grip.

I managed about 4-5 shots whilst out for a short hike on Sunday :)

That's the beauty of film, had you shots digital the chances are wou would have shots half a dozen times as many frames and put the majority in the bin!

Enjoy, as you already know it's a completely diffeent type of shooting experience and indeed different finishes to the end resulting photograph particularly if you print but i personally find film photography much more interesting be it the process required to actually expose a frame ( metering etc), the developing ( I do at home) or the actual use of a film camera which I adore particularly LF which is what I predominantly shoots now.

For me personally using didgital gear offers no self saisfaction whatsoever when compared to film but I admit that it does have a vert valid place in the world of photography.

That's the beauty of film, had you shots digital the chances are wou would have shots half a dozen times as many frames and put the majority in the bin!

Enjoy, as you already know it's a completely diffeent type of shooting experience and indeed different finishes to the end resulting photograph particularly if you print but i personally find film photography much more interesting be it the process required to actually expose a frame ( metering etc), the developing ( I do at home) or the actual use of a film camera which I adore particularly LF which is what I predominantly shoots now.

For me personally using didgital gear offers no self saisfaction whatsoever when compared to film but I admit that it does have a vert valid place in the world of photography.

No. I'm quite particular with digital too. I'm more than happy to go out & only come back with a handful of A7 images. I'm sometimes even happy to wander a few miles through woodland & not even use the camera.

I have a couple of step up rings/adapter rings on order so I can use my CPL & grad holder on my 52mm thread ML lenses.

I certainly understand where you are coming from though :)

I'm more than happy to go out & only come back with a handful of A7 images. I'm sometimes even happy to wander a few miles through woodland & not even use the camera.

I'm rather impressed! For many digital togs iyt is all too easy and the 'norm' to click click click away and then search through afterwards for a decent result so kudos to you(y)

As a follow on to L Brackets & tripod photography, are all cable releases the same 'standard' thread?

I have a Yashica FX-3 Super & I can see a small bit of thread inside the shutter button.

As a follow on to L Brackets & tripod photography, are all cable releases the same 'standard' thread?

I have a Yashica FX-3 Super & I can see a small bit of thread inside the shutter button.

Yes and no. They're pretty much all standard except yash...

So you need one immediately?
If not I’ll bob a standard one in the post to you when I visit the uk in 4 weeks time....I’d send from here but ain’t paying a fiver to send a small Jiffy bag overseas containing an object worth a quid so if you want one now then I can’t help.
Full name and postal address is all that is required by PM

Last edited:
So you need one immediately?
If not I’ll bob a standard one in the post to you when I visit the uk in 4 weeks time....I’d send from here but ain’t paying a fiver to send a small Jiffy bag overseas containing an object worth a quid so if you want one now then I can’t help.
Full name and postal address is all that is required by PM

Yes, that would be great. If you don't mind of course? When the nights start drawing in I'd like to try some night bulb photography.

Yes, that would be great. If you don't mind of course? When the nights start drawing in I'd like to try some night bulb photography.

If I minded, I wouldn't have offered! lol

PM me your postal address when you wish ...No rush I don't get to England until the 9th Oct!

Last edited:
Back