L Glass Alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry guys, it,s the non IS version :bonk:, I've become a little snowblind with all these lenses and I posted it as IS, which it's not.:LOL:

I sourced the camera for under £550 and the lens for under £470, I compromised on the IS in order to get L glass for my budget, even if i did end up stretching by about 90 quid but I think it will be worth it.

That's still a good price for the non IS so if you don't mind telling where did you get it from?:)

I've never dealt with crazycameras.co.uk but I've just had a quick squizz at their website and found the following in the about us section:

To minimize our cost, we have hosted our distribution facilities in the United States. We can quickly source our products from around the globe and post them to the UK.

So I'd be wary of getting stung by import duty & vat being added on to that price.

I think Kerso is doing the f/4 IS for £799 on here, he's on hols at the moment but pm him for a price list.

Cheers for that matt2martin, I will leave them alone and take your advice:)(y)

Thank you Euan, I will get in touch with Kerso as that's a big saving on the Canon 70-210 f4 IS USM. Park Cameras are charging £988.99 and although they are local (approx 20 miles from where I live) £190 is a lot to pay out just to be able to pick it up from their shop :)(y)

Thanks to you both. Denis

I shouldn't really be posting this just now as I am locked in a dispute with Crazy Cameras but I'm posting for your sakes and to avoid the problems I'm having

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE THEM, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

I can't say too much at this point but I will keep you all informed.

Mods, please close this thread, as I don't want it turning into a Crazy Cameras bashing session.

Regards,

Dale.

I shouldn't really be posting this just now as I am locked in a dispute with Crazy Cameras but I'm posting for your sakes and avoid the problems I'm having

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE THEM, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

I can't say too much at this point but I will keep you all informed.

Mods, please close this thread, as I don't want it turning into a Crazy Cameras bashing session.

Regards,

Dale.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/digital-photography-general-chat/1000218-crazy-cameras.html

this thread on AV is dedicated to the poor service from the poor excuse for a company (gets worse as thread goes on). Just FYI people who are tempted to buy from crazycameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back