La Vuelta 2018

I'll be following every stage. It has improved a lot since they stopped having so many stages going though boring barren lands. Of Spain.

Really enjoying the race as usual. Yates is looking really strong, but he did in the Giro too.

It was quite amusing watching Simon Yates suggesting that Quintana may want to get involved with chasing Lopez down. :D

Well after today’s performance it looks like we may see 2 of the 3 Grand Tour winners be British.

Well chapeau to Simon Yates. Really good performance.
Really disappointed with Movistar. They need new blood.

Well chapeau to Simon Yates. Really good performance.
Really disappointed with Movistar. They need new blood.

Things haven't quite worked out for Movistar's signings. Quintana looked as though he'd dominate Grand Tours, but can't time trial and now it seems can't climb. Landa hasn't converted his early promise and at 28 should be winning GTs. Carlos Betancur looked exciting, but then ate all the Colombian pies for a while
Marc Soler is still young at 24 and won Paris-Nice this year.... so maybe one for the future ? Valverde still keeps them ticking over with stage wins and classics, but how many years left ?

Congrats to Simon Yates. All 3 grand tours won by 3 different British riders. :)

Congrats to Simon Yates. All 3 grand tours won by 3 different British riders. :)

That’s still a bit hard to take in.

I’m hoping this means that ITV4 will show nightly highlights of the Giro next year because of this. I like Eurosport’s coverage, but after all these years Gary Imlach feels like an old mate!

His nearest rival is less than 2 minuets behind. If he falls off, crashes or just runs out of steam. He could easily loos. Let them race to the end. Less of this modern last stage procession. But I hope he dose win.

A more enjoyable race than the tour by far, brutal mountain days and no silly gravel sections.

I really can't see what Moviestar are playing at with these joint leader races, it's a division of labour and uncertainty in the team instead of acting as one.

It’s Movistar. Derived from the Spanish word móvil not the English word movie.

Back