lab processing help please

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
A mate of mine would like to know if he can still get 35mm colour film developed and printed without the negatives being scanned and printed digitally. TBH I haven't a clue but thought the good folks on here might be able to help:)

Thanks!

My local Jessops provide a pretty good 1 hour service for 35mm colour - C41 or E6. They send 35mm B&W and larger formats out elsewhere for processing though. Might be worth checking with your nearest Jessops.

erm I thought he wanted chemical prints done thru an enlarger :shrug:

So all minilab prints are now just digital scans then - boy oh boy - i'm more out of touch than I thought!

oh well - if it's "proper" prints you want doing - theres still a few people advertise hand printing services in the back of the comic...

So all minilab prints are now just digital scans then - boy oh boy - i'm more out of touch than I thought!

oh well - if it's "proper" prints you want doing - theres still a few people advertise hand printing services in the back of the comic...

Ah you think around the back of the common labs doing digital work there is a guy with an enlarger, then dunking the print in chemicals, then hanging it up to dry ;)

Ah you think around the back of the common labs doing digital work there is a guy with an enlarger, then dunking the print in chemicals, then hanging it up to dry ;)

No - but the last time I operated a minilab, It DID do proper wet prints! First half of the machine developed the films, other one printed a long thin strip of the photos. Which by me meant that they were proper wet prints :shrug:

No - but the last time I operated a minilab, It DID do proper wet prints! First half of the machine developed the films, other one printed a long thin strip of the photos. Which by me meant that they were proper wet prints :shrug:

I thought they were still like that...:shrug:

a scan is an added step to workflow

erm.... develope, fix, wash, dry, how quaint....I'll ask the girls when I go to Tesco how they do prints. Mind you those photo machines they say let the prints dry properly, but they might be polaroid.

I'm not joking, they're the dogs danglies, I'm gonna seriously cry if they ever go bust cos my own personal pita factor would triple without them..:cool:

If I still worked in leeds, I'd be throwing pretty much all my film stuff their way - as it is, I get maybe a couple of hours a day that I'm not tied to the house, so if I take things over there, it's a whole days free time lost. Hence I dev/scan/inkjet my own, as I can do that whilst still being stuck in the house. Still - if I need it to be right, it goes there...

Thanks everyone(y)
I thought that the minilabs developed the film and scanned it. Then they convert the digital images into RGB laser light, projected it onto photographic paper and wet developed the prints.
My mate says that the resulting images are flatter then he remembers from a few years back. I'll pass on the CCimaging advice.
Thanks again:)

Back