Critique Lac d`allos France

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, well me and the Mr`s decided a day out in the Alps so a reasonably early start (8am) start and a 3 hour drive with a 1 hour walk from the car park to the lake.
Lake Allos is the highest lake in europe and at its water level its 2230 metres altitude, a rough estimate for me with this shot, I was at about 2400 metres.
Taken with the Irix 15mm 2.4 lens with 2 Gel rear filters totalling ND12, all other exif is on my flickr if you wish to have a nose.
Thanks for any crit good or bad or whatever.

Lac d`allos by Graham, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

I like the image. The land is a little dull & flat compared to the clouds, where I presume you're balancing brightness levels, but a lovely shot, even with the foreground character. ;)

I like the image. The land is a little dull & flat compared to the clouds, where I presume you're balancing brightness levels, but a lovely shot, even with the foreground character. ;)
Thanks, I guess as you mean by flat is that there is not much there, ie, trees and stuff? If that's the case I'd say it's something to do with the altitude, This is 2230 mètres up.

Thanks, I guess as you mean by flat is that there is not much there, ie, trees and stuff? If that's the case I'd say it's something to do with the altitude, This is 2230 mètres up.

Flat as in lacking sparkle and almost having a matte look: it looks a little under-exposed. It's sharp with a lot of crisp detail, but you'd never think it was in direct sunlight.

Flat as in lacking sparkle and almost having a matte look: it looks a little under-exposed. It's sharp with a lot of crisp detail, but you'd never think it was in direct sunlight.
Ah ok, see what you mean, maybe it was to do with the 2 rear gel filters I was using making a total of ND 12 but really I got no idea, so here I have added some saturation and more vibrance.
Lac d`allos by Graham, on Flickr

Back