Lac De Vallon

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Too much cold and misery around for my liking. I want to "reflect" on warmer and nicer times as this winter has really dragged on far too long. Here's two from a lake in the Haute-Savoie I reworked a few weeks back.

_DSC0973 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC1800 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

What a nice evening this was. The clouds eventually cleared just as the sun was setting so there was no colour to shoot too but with lovely warm light and perfectly still ripple free water I was over the moon.

Number 1 is brilliant for me, number 2 is good also, the only bit I don't like is the tiny dark cloud above the mountain in 2.

Neither do I particularly. One nearly went to the bin, I used a little stopper to smooth out the water (fish jumping in and out) and it made a mess of the WB - took another run at it and voila, got it to how I like it. The best one has been on here before I think and on my site but these other two are ok

_DSC0990 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Very nice work Sir, well composed, lovely colours, nice sky & some good reflections.(y)

George.

The clouds and their reflections in 1 match the colours of the land better than the sky in 2. Have you tried a small crop on the rhs, to about where the most prominent tree is, about 1/15th of the way in?

The clouds and their reflections in 1 match the colours of the land better than the sky in 2. Have you tried a small crop on the rhs, to about where the most prominent tree is, about 1/15th of the way in?

Re the crop yes but felt it moved the mountain too far to the left. I like it central.

The colours are an interesting one, I found the lakes here harder, the water isn’t a neutral colour, it’s green due to the minerals and algae in the water, and in certain conditions the light picks this up more.

Glorious light Steve and very nice processing.
The first one for me....slight crit would be the reflections seem overly light.?

Back