Lady in a £2 white hat!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,

Just took a quick pic to test out a new prop, a white hat which cost me £2!

Any constructive comments welcome! ;)

Canon EOS 40D
50 mm
1/25 sec

6703879059_20170b3c13.jpg

Last edited:
I dont mind the eye that much but the hot spot on the hat bothers me more

GREAT buy, been looking for a hat like that for a while while wondering around - where did you get it ?

Looks a good prop to have, for me a slight move to the right so both eyes were framed by the hat would have been a slightly better image

At a price of £2 for a prop i couldnt let it pass. :LOL:

I was undecided about showing the 2nd eye, but i may do another shoot with the hat as this one was only a quick 20 min shot. :|

I dont mind the eye that much but the hot spot on the hat bothers me more

GREAT buy, been looking for a hat like that for a while while wondering around - where did you get it ?

Yes the hot spot could be seen as issue, its because i did the shoot with one flash which should have been positioned better. I then took it in photoshop to try and make it look like it wasn't shot in my dinning room. :(

The Next outlet has got a really good sale on at the moment all hats £1 or £2 i've brought about 4 different ones! :D

dpurslow said:
Mrs P will be happy if I say lets go to the outlets i bet - thanks

It's now gone down to £1 it's a bargain! :;):

Nice model, nice pose and nice hat. Just the lighting that's let it down a bit, I could live with the highlight on the hat but the light patch on the mouth spoils it for me.

Nice model, nice pose and nice hat. Just the lighting that's let it down a bit, I could live with the highlight on the hat but the light patch on the mouth spoils it for me.

The light around the mouth is due to shadows which comes with the look i was going for around the mouth/face area. Its just a personal preference thing. :naughty:

Thanks for your comment. :)

I like it a lot - what's it like in colour?

These photos are taking in my living room next to my dining table with a single flash, the colour version to this could not be saved, it's not as strong as the B&W unfortunately. :crying:

Not sure it really works tho. :thinking:
6716067061_696697afb8.jpg

Last edited:
These photos are taking in my living room next to my dining table with a single flash, the colour version to this could not be saved, it's not as strong as the B&W unfortunately. :crying:

6716067061_696697afb8.jpg

Not sure it really works tho. :thinking:

Back