Lady in red (or burgundy, to be precise)

Name
Irina
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are few recent portraits of my friend.

We met for a coffee and i had a camera with me, so made few shots in front of large window.
It was on the top of Tate Modern, so nice views, but i failed in making any decent photos with her back facing the windows and her facing the camera :(
So here it goes...oh and only afterwards ive noticed that the background was too "busy".

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I Like the first one best, The detail in the hair look really nice. The lighting looks really soft. Im not 100% sure its not just my eyes but there seems to be something a little off about the wrinkles around her mouth, did you smooth skin in PP?

1st one for me, she pops out of the background, looks nicely in focus on phone with a lovely blurred background.

Good shots, you've managed to use the windows to get really nice catchlight reflections in her eyes.
To photograph her against a window (with the view in the background) you would have needed to expose for the bright background and then add fill light on the face either from a flash or a reflector to balance the exposure.

I Like the first one best, The detail in the hair look really nice. The lighting looks really soft. Im not 100% sure its not just my eyes but there seems to be something a little off about the wrinkles around her mouth, did you smooth skin in PP?

Thank you, first one is my favourite too, I've slightly over processed b&w.
I;ve done a bit of work incl smoothing skin, removing some obvious wrinkles from her forehead, balancing tone and erasing some spots. I can see what you mean, I've done not so good job around that area and have fixed it in the original, thanks for pointing that out

Good shots, you've managed to use the windows to get really nice catchlight reflections in her eyes.
To photograph her against a window (with the view in the background) you would have needed to expose for the bright background and then add fill light on the face either from a flash or a reflector to balance the exposure.

Thanks for the tips, I though I would need something extra to bring back the light to her face...

Back