Ladybird Larva eating - and the SPOTS macro 'togs hate!!!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Ladybird larvae are quite difficult to photograph I think because their black bodies don't seem to like showing any detail. I found this one eating an aphid nymph...

However...

Below is a series of 4 before and after images (a total of 8 images) taken today to show just how bad the sensor can be especially doing macro which has a nasty habit of magnifying greatly all those tiny little motes of dust!

The first group of 4 I didn't tidy up - all the crap is is still there.

The second group of 4 are the edited ones where I have removed the dust!

Just goes to show what gets inside the camera - a blight for macro photographers in particular (and yes, I know I need to go get it cleaned, lol...)

Before:

1A
1200uned01.jpg

2A
1200uned02.jpg

3A
1200uned03.jpg

4A
1200uned04.jpg

After:

1B
1200edited01.jpg

2B
1200edited02AA.jpg

3B
1200edited03.jpg

4B
1200edited04.jpg

Paul.

Last edited:
Nice shots Paul

Is that canons latest polka dot sensor design

Edit to make clear

I have yet to have to properly clean a senser I gave my E-M1 a quick air blast the other week.
:olympus:

Last edited:
Nice shots Paul

Is that canons latest polka dot senser design

I have to have to clean a senser I gave my E-M1 a quick air blast the other week.
:olympus:

Have the same with my X-T1, Paul. Pain in the backside, especially when using flash or studio lights. Need to clean mine, too. The healing tool in PS has become over-friendly lately. :D Nice set, BTW.

Thanks guys - a cleaning kit might be on my agenda soon, lol..

Paul.

Nice set Paul, I see what you mean about showing how dirty the shots look without a tidy up esp the 3rd shot.
I have the same problem with the black Carpenter bees and Mammoth wasps, really hard to show the real them and with this light (the Sun) its really not easy to get "that" shot.
Thanks for the shots Paul (y)

Nice set Paul, I see what you mean about showing how dirty the shots look without a tidy up esp the 3rd shot.
I have the same problem with the black Carpenter bees and Mammoth wasps, really hard to show the real them and with this light (the Sun) its really not easy to get "that" shot.
Thanks for the shots Paul (y)

Cheers Graham - it's strange too at how different magnifications/proximity of the subject how the blemishes become less or more obvious too.

Paul.

I've found the same. On standard non-macro lenses the dust doesn't even show. On the Laowa it all shows. :wideyed:

I'd imagine anything 1:1 or above will do it. The focus point is so different on lenses that focus on anything more than a few centimetres away that they become a part of the scene rather than a point in it!

Paul.

Nice set of images Paul, with some good comp', colour, and detail.(y)

George.

#3. Ouch.

The Venus doesn't report aperture? (Can't see it in the Exif data).

I was wondering what the aperture was because of course the smaller the (effective) aperture, the worse the spots show up. I test at f/32 with my 55-250 after cleaning the 70D. The odd thing is I've never needed to clean my interchangeable lens Panasonics (G3 and more recently G5).

Anyway, nice shots cleaned up, especially #2 for me.

Back