Ladybird Larva

Edit My Images
No
It was a real tough time of it trying to get anything sharp when taking these as it was so windy outside and the Nasturtium plant they were on just wouldn't stay still. So here's a set of grab shots. Mostly OOF lol.

2014-3317.jpg

2014-3320.jpg

2014-3328.jpg

A very tiny one. Deliberately avoided a crop.

2014-3332.jpg

And yes, the LB Larva is compltely OOF but the little 1mm in length Aphid is in Focus :)

2014-3347.jpg

Most unusual, never seen a ladydird larvae before. Out this way we call them 'Busy Barnabies' ...Don't ask o_O

hehe Cheers guys. Glad people still appreciate them despite the very soft focus on the Larvae. Amusingly, was out at one of our local parks with the little'un kicking a ball about and he noticed something on my head... it was another LB Larva... I'm now wondering how long it had been there for :D

I almost binned the aphid shot but realised that there was something there to post.. :)

Cheers guys. :)

Paul, there are loads in my garden. I counted at least 15 on our Nasturtium. That said, we ripped out most of the Nasty Turd plant because it was rife with those Aphids. Left a small area of it that we will have to try and control a bit more as it grows like a colony of rabbits.

I always struggle to get a nice shot of these. They always seen to tuck their heads under and it's difficult to figure out what's what. These are brilliant!

Cheers Tim. They're a weird one. If you use ETTL on flash, their dark body plays havoc with it too.

Back