Ladybirds

Name
Michelle
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Just a couple taken the other day in the garden. I'm currently restricted to what I can shoot due to an unfortunate event whilst walking the dogs resulting in a trip to a&e and been on crutches!!!!:thumbsdown:

Never mind, here are a couple of shots of a very obliging ladybird! Taken with my Sigma 105 macro lens. All c&c welcome!!!

Ladybird2.jpg

Ladybird_12.jpg

Thanks all!

Hi Michelle, Not bad considering the crutches ( I too am on crutches with only the use of one leg at the moment. :D) #2 is the better shot but well done giving your condition.

excellent stuff its no.2 for me hope your back on your feet soon.

As said above, not bad considering you are on crutches BUT - I see the post is marked for critique, so I will :LOL:

Colour and lighting are very nice indeed but the composition needs improving, particularly in the first photo.

In #1 the flower in front of the ladybird is obstructing it, therefore defeats the object of making the ladybird the subject of the photo - its too distracting.

#2 is much better as there are no obstructions, other than the shadow to the back of the ladybird which does spoil it a bit but all in all, its not a bad photo.

Hope you dont mind me giving my opinion, but not giving an opinion when criticism is asked for, is not helpful to the person who took the photo :)

Linda

Thanks all for your responses. Thank you Linda for the critique that's what I wanted! Appreciate all advice and peoples opinions always welcome!

Back