Ladybower and Torside overflows. Are they working yet?

Edit My Images
Yes
Any Peak district locals know if these overflows have any water going over them? Has it rained enough to fill up the reservoirs or not?

You should open your eyes really and pay attention to the threads being posted here.

:D
Too busy watching what you are doing!!!

I presume there's a thread somewhere? I'll put my naughty cap on and have a looksee.
I would have invited you....once!

Yeah we haven't had anywhere near enough rain to send those over yet. Saw a few pics on FB of ladybower further round and the banks were still well down. I think Derwent has been flowing over the wall but not sure if it still is. The plug hole flow is well controlled so it could be ages yet if it all.

Agreed. We've not had much rain at all this winter, so unless we get an immediate prolonged deluge I think nothing will happen. The moor sides must still have a lot of capacity to store up what would normally fall from now on, so maybe this year it's a no-no.

It stil low we not really had the rain for it pal.

I believe if it get to the stage the plug won't get open till the rain really hits..

Amazing how one year can be completely different to the next. They were flowing a lot last winter. Not that I photographed them.
We went to photograph them, but we were just a week too late. The water was touching the lip but only flowing over in dribs and drabs.
They should set up a webcam just so we can decide when is best to go.

Is that the one up the valley with the cafe attached? A Mecca for hikers and bikers.

I thought that was Derwent Reservoir rather than Ladybower?

Yes that one is the Derwent dam

We be doomed if the water overflows Ladybower lol hence the 2 plug hole ;)

Last edited:
Back