Ladybower - Peak District

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
Well Sunday was the only day I could get to visit this area this weekend, and I missed all the snow that was there on Saturday :crying:.

Sunday was dull and the wind had picked up again so trying to keep the tripod steady while stood on the Ladybower dam wall was a job in itself. Anyway, after getting to see the Derwent Dam wall overflowing the other week, and seeing a picture in the Daily Mirror last Monday of the Ladybower sinkholes overflowing - I just had to go a see the spectacle for myself. The picture isn't anything technical as the weather was against me - but if you go in the middle of summer when the light is better, the water won't be overflowing :bang:.

Looks spooky if you haven't seen this up close for yourself - I wouldn't fancy falling down them...

Hole600px.jpg

I like this shot, looks like someone has pulled out a massive plug and the water's draining away :)

A different perspective, not seen this one before, well thought out. Unfortunately the lighting has left everything looking a little flat - worth a revisit in better conditions if you get chance

simon

I've never seen anything like this before, amazing!

Back