ladybower reservoir

Edit My Images
Yes
As title would like to venture up again as we went earlier this year to the peak District but as being summer the water levels were far from overflowing. Wanted to ask if anyone local to the area was aware of the levels or would I best to wait for spring? =D

Regards kellett

Not local but for overflowing you want the reservoir one up (Derwent dam) - by the main car park.

If you get a chance it's well worth a drive - one of the more arresting sights I've seen in my life!.

Pont and shoot vid here to give you a flavour - those blocks are about 3ft high.

Derwent reservoir overflowing by steve.palmer24, on Flickr

I have been up this morning and Ladybower Derwent and Howden are all at 100% so they cant get any more water in them :) howden and Derwent dams spillways are as image above.

Kellett, if you take a look on one of the Severn Trent Facebook pages, the author gives an idea of the water levels. https://www.facebook.com/STWLadybower/

Apparently over the weekend, and at the Environment Agency's request, they dropped the water level of Ladybower by 20cm.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies just what I was after hopefully be up in next week for few shots (y)

Kellett​

Was there yesterday morning - an incredible amount of water going over the top at Derwent. Crazy noise as well. You can walk right up to the right hand turret to get up close. Hard to imagine where all that water goes really but it's all very well managed.

Quick shot from the iPhone attached.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 20
Back