Ladybug

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
New to photography really and trying my hand at some macro.
I'm really pleased with this photo but would love any comments.

Thanks.
Sam

auG49q

Anyone have any advice on a budget.
These were taken on a Nikon D3000 with a tamron 70-300mm lens.
What is the easiest way to get more magnification for the really close stuff??

Anyone have any advice on a budget.
These were taken on a Nikon D3000 with a tamron 70-300mm lens.
What is the easiest way to get more magnification for the really close stuff??

I picked up some Japanese Nikon fit extension tubes from ebay for around a fiver. They fit between the body & lens, basically bringing the lens further away from the film (or sensor in your case). There's no need to go for an expensive set since they're hollow, as long as they fit your camera you're good to go.

Oh & you'll have to use your camera on manual, but that's not a big deal with the whole 'take a picture & look at it straight away' thing :p

Just a small amount of processing in raw but not much. Feel very lucky to have got it. I was taking a few and the odd one out of focus, this was the only with his wings out and it was in focus!

Very new to macro but really want to learn how to get bigger magnification.

Is extension tubes the best way on a budget?

Love the LB on lift off, brilliant capture. (y)

As to macro's on the cheap maybe a reversing ring as another option. Cheap on Ebay. There will be peeps on here with experience with both

Wow, amazing ladybird photo! (y)

Not much to say about #1 except that it's superb, ladybugs in a pose like that are as rare as hens teeth.
I like the way you're on the same plane as the bug and the OOF foreground adds to the image.

The wasp by contrast is not as good IMHO. Although it's sharp the angle of the shot is too high. Also the lack of background or surface takes context away from the image.

Both images are sharp, well lit and well exposed.

Would just like to add my congrats on the ladybird pic, awesome shot!

FABULOUS, wow :), Im so jealous.

Back