Beginner Lake District 6th/7th Jan 2015

Edit My Images
No
Not sure if I should post this here or in the Meeting Place (I'm sure the mods will adjust if necessary ;)).

I'm going up to the Lake District on the dates above with the intention of shooting sunset on the 6th and sunrise on the 7th. Exact locations to be decided. I've got a bed at the YHA hostel at Grasmere. (it's just like the Ritz, apparently.......)

Anyone fancy joining in with snapping, beer, fish and chips etc etc ?

I did this trip but went a week later so a buddy could come too. We shot at sunset on tuesday but couldn't keep the lens clean because of the hail and snow blowing onto it. Sunrise on the wednesday was better but only had time for one location before we had to make tracks.

Cliched result I guess, but gotta start somewhere...

View attachment 28709

C&C invited.

Hi how did the trip go? I like the image you posted looks great and cliche doesn't matter. I'm just starting out on my landscape journey and I really don't mind using the tripod holes of another until I find my feet and feel comfortable to experiment.
Did anyone turn up and meet you, I'd be interested if your doing in again this year?

Richie

Hi how did the trip go? I like the image you posted looks great and cliche doesn't matter. I'm just starting out on my landscape journey and I really don't mind using the tripod holes of another until I find my feet and feel comfortable to experiment.
Did anyone turn up and meet you, I'd be interested if your doing in again this year?

Richie

My trip was very short, just the one night. I went with a mate from work; stayed at the YHA in Keswick which was a laugh. Cheap beer & dinner at the new Wetherspoons round the corner. Sunset on the day we arrived coincided with sleet showers and I couldn't keep the rain/sleet off the front of the lens but the sunrise next day was good. If you have a similar trip in mind, let me know. I need a fair bit of notice to organise days off from work as I work irregular shifts. I'm in Suffolk and don't mind a bit of travel; Lakes, Cotswolds, Peak District ??

Where was that taken?

Ashness Pier/Jetty on Derwentwater. Have a search on Flickr; there's another couple of examples there.......:)

My trip was very short, just the one night. I went with a mate from work; stayed at the YHA in Keswick which was a laugh. Cheap beer & dinner at the new Wetherspoons round the corner. Sunset on the day we arrived coincided with sleet showers and I couldn't keep the rain/sleet off the front of the lens but the sunrise next day was good. If you have a similar trip in mind, let me know. I need a fair bit of notice to organise days off from work as I work irregular shifts. I'm in Suffolk and don't mind a bit of travel; Lakes, Cotswolds, Peak District ??

Ashness Pier/Jetty on Derwentwater. Have a search on Flickr; there's another couple of examples there.......:)

What camera and lens if you don`t mind

I've go a very similar shot but I cloned out the centre post/step at the end of the jetty. Cheating I know but it looks nicer to me :)

Lovely picture. Up in the lakes at the moment and had two lovely days.

Back