Lake District Again

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I will be on holiday for a week end of August / start September and will be staying in
Hawkshead

I can't do serious photography ever day as I will be with family members and we only have one car

Looking forward to this very much

Hope to get some decent time , Any local points worth visiting

Cheers for now

Areas to walk with or without the camera and all relatively flat.

High Dam
Tarn Hows and Tom Ghyll Waterfall
Hodge Close Quarry/ Holme Fell
Latterbarrow
Wray Castle
Grizedale Forest
Little Langdale
Grasmere
Rydal Hall and Falls
Elterwater
Coniston
Yew Tree Tarn

if you need more high points to visit let me know.

I will try some hills , note hills as I am getting on a bit now , Do you know if any busses run around that area ?
Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks

Visit Keswick.I have been there 2 years ago and it is a beautiful/scenic place.

We are here now, done Windermere, conniption, ullswater, airs force and going to Beatrix Potters house tomorrow. Top too, join the National Trust, a lot of the car parks are theirs.

Another vote for Keswick, we went up there a few years ago for a week, I think it was in September. It's a really beautiful town. It rained in biblical proportions, so we got very little photography done, but there was some good stuff to do regardless. The mining museum near the river was fascinating, and I can highly recommend a trip up to Honister - the mine tour was amazing and the valley itself is lovely.

Aira Force is worth a visit, got a lovely long exposure shot there. Not too many people about and a National Trust Campark nearby

Not sure if we are going now , The son in law smashed his car up big time 60mph into a tree , He has a broken foot , Eyebrow re attached with 9 stitches another head wound with 10 stitches

Seat belt burns on both hips and his shoulder

Damaged internal organs , inc his kidneys , He must drink 2 ltrs minimum of water a day to flush the blood from his kidneys :eek:

Final decision tomorrow

Not sure if we are going now , The son in law smashed his car up big time 60mph into a tree , He has a broken foot , Eyebrow re attached with 9 stitches another head wound with 10 stitches

Seat belt burns on both hips and his shoulder

Damaged internal organs , inc his kidneys , He must drink 2 ltrs minimum of water a day to flush the blood from his kidneys :eek:

Final decision tomorrow
Oh dear sorry to hear that. Hope all is sorted quickly and he gets better soon.

Thanks

He can't drive or walk without crutches at the moment

Sorry to hear that.
So much to see around that area.
Hope he gets better soon.

Rather than loose the full price of the holiday we are going regardless , Apparently you can hire wheelchairs from the red cross on a weekly hire , So my suggestion is 1 day all 3 of us do something , the my daughter and myself go tracking and Lee can stay at the let with the TV and some BEER and alternate that through the week

Looking forward to going now , Off to sort my togging gear :D

Just so you know.....you can get around Tarn Hows with a wheel chair. Really good wide paths and made with that in mind.

Just so you know.....you can get around Tarn Hows with a wheel chair. Really good wide paths and made with that in mind.

Thanks for the heads up , Have looked up The Red Cross , They do wheelchair loan open Monday to Friday so looks like we will be sorted , Amazing hey don't hire them they ask for a donation , will make it worth thriller while

Sorting my kit now , all batteries on charge :D:banana:

Tarn Hows is one of my favourite places. Go right up to the top where the large stone is. Lovely view. Path all the way.

Back