Lake district barn

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
One I took at the weekend any comments would be appreciated thank you for looking.
lakedistricbarn.jpg

I really like your composition here but the image looks quite flat and dull I can see that it wasn't the best weather up there. Maybe try a B&W conversion and boost the contrast a little?

I really like your composition here but the image looks quite flat and dull I can see that it wasn't the best weather up there. Maybe try a B&W conversion and boost the contrast a little?

thank you for your comments it was not the best weather Ill give the B&W conversion a go.

I really like the tonality of this image, the brown / sepia look works for me! I would of perhaps included less of the path and kept the barn closer to the left edge of the image.

Nice shot of the Lakes :)

lakedistricbarn_edited-1.jpg

just had a go at the B&W conversion suggested

which do you prefer? I can't decide but I'm leaning towards the b&w

which do you prefer? I can't decide but I'm leaning towards the b&w

I am undecided now myself I think the B&W works well I have also cropped the photo to see how that works
lakedistricbarn_edited-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Uncropped B&W for me, maybe just needs a little artistic burning on the clouds to add drama to the sky?

uncropped b/w for me. i'd lighten the barn a bit and darken the sky

i think the crop has boosted the image. i was going to suggest that but then I saw you had done it already. Maybe bump up the contrast. It is an amazing image though. Love the little house/shack with the rolling hills in the background. im undecided on whether I prefer the colour or the black and white. The colour one seems to have a bit more of a story to it.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=308447

Hi Neil me and the wife like the colour one best it seems more true to life

I think its just needs a bit of saturation and contrast boost to enhance it.
Like this maybe?

lakedistricbarnedit.jpg

B&W

lakedistricbarnmono.jpg

thank you all for you comments and the tweaks that have been done must admit to being a novice with photoshop elements I find its working out how much you can boast the contrast Im still finding Im under doing it.

Canon T and Nikon F, neat work on an already great composition from the OP. What great team work TP is!

Yes - Barry's version works for me, prefer B&W to look a bit gritty if possible, and for this one it works well with that subject.

Back