Lake District Locations

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm currently in the process of planning my first photography trip (aww). I want to head to the Lake District as it's not too far from me (Bolton) and I'm sure there will be some great places to get some good shots.

I thought I'd ask here if you have any tips on particular spots to go or point me in the right direction?

I'm thinking of hiring an ultra wide 10-22 lens also as I don't have one in my arsenal just yet.

Thanks in advance, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stingey

Good ideas on that link, I think if time was limited Derwentwater and Borrowdale might be your first port of call.
The great frustration can be the weather and the infamous rain, but the mountains can break clouds downwind so keep an eye on the weather forecasts.

Wastwater is quite a trek to get to but good to get away from the hordes of people at the honeypots.

Good link and some great photos.....thanks

Like 4wd says the area around Borrowdale and derwent is great, two sets of falls Lodore and in the grounds of the YH. The view from the top of cattbells over derwent is amazing too, presuming its not lashing it down that is.

Back