Lake District

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
IMG_4950.JPG I am new to photography and landscapes. I was having a little play with a video I recently saw. This is one I took with my 50mm 1.8 but I used photoshop automated to link about 15 shots together

Not sure if this is a good shot or not but I like it as it's my partner in the shot after our hike around the Lake District.

I wanted her in focus and the background blurry so understandibly a pretty poor landscape shop as it's all out of focus but I'm still learning and playing.

Last edited:
Top of Loughrigg looking over Grasmere towards Dunmail Raise?
Image looks soft though that could be due to resizing - sometimes that happens.
Levels could do with lifting; image looks a bit flat.
Not sure the "model" helps. Back to us and hunched over. Makes her look just part of the fellside, or unwilling to be photographed.
Pity the clag was down on Helvellyn. You might have been better getting closer in to the girl and forgetting the panoramic attempt.
Maybe get above her and use the lake as background.
Just my two pennorth, and I may talking up my ****.

Yea, on my computer everything is sharp and in focus other than the background so I guess resizing it has lowered the resolution. Haha, she didn't want to be photographed, we have just hiked up and down a few times and she just wanted a cuppa. It was initially wider as there was a house to the left having a fire and wanted it in shot but it just looked bad having my girlfriend in the middle

I should have done another with it all in focus as the far hills had cloud cover hiding the peaks which looked rather cool.

Last edited:
Back