Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Done these yesterday. Left very early but was so FOGGY :(

So here's my attempt. 2nd attempt at HDR

IMG_7934_5_6-1_tonemapped_SHARP.jpg

IMG_7913_4_5_tonemapped_SHARP.jpg

IMG_7878_79_80-1_tonemapped_SHARP.jpg

You'll notice there is a bit of blur, around the outside of the pic. This was because the tripod moved and an alignment was tried during import into photomatrix. Its done a pretty good job, at least I didnt have to completely throw the image away.

IMG_7868_69_70_tonemapped_SHARP.jpg

IMG_7831_2_3-3_tonemapped_SHARP.jpg

IMG_7802_3_4_tonemapped_SHARP.jpg

Something about #2 i really like. Maybe its a little cramped but its a nice picture.
And who doesnt like a good waterfall? #7 stands out as the best one there to me, possible the greens look a little overdone but the bright water and the stormy sky at the top stand out well.

first thoughts were 'wow.. they're way overcooked'.. but they got better the further i scrolled down. Still not overly keen on them as a set.. but that's not to set they're not executed well.. just wouldn't have HDR'd them all i don't think. (y)

Thanks Steve. I'll try and figure out what preset i used in photomatrix and apply it to all

maybe thats the weakest link using the presets, try do your own rendition if your happy save it as your own preset (y) but personally I PP each individual image rather than presets, what suits one image, wont suit another (y)

Last edited:
Cheers dave, I think I might just do that and see where it goes. Its just PP takes up so much MORE time lol, I guess if the picture is worth it, its worth it. :)

I agree with the majority of the feedback left so far, in that the compositions are generally good but the processing is a tad excessive.

I like 7 and 10. 7 could have toned down the highlights a bit.
10 is picture perfect to me.
Can you just post the originals alongside the PP images.
I'm sure looking at the originals you could a lot more advice on its PP.

good idea anub :) will post them up later tonight, might do the toning down with the HDRs too so people can see the improvements. thanks for your comments :)

thanks levi :)

no problem nick, seems the majority agree with the overcooked process.

I have the original RAWS, will spend a few hours later getting it right. :)

Your C&C is most appreciated - i cant get better if i dont know im doing it wrong can i? :)

Back