Lakes' TP meet - 15-18th May 2015 - RESULTS :)

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Last Friday to Monday I'd organised a Lake District Landscape Photography break for 6 of us, where we took over a house near Keswick - worked out cheaper than B&Bs but on my trips no-one would get their paid breakie anyway lol

Attendees included: PaulButler - paul100 - Alisonfd and Greenoak

Aside from the slight mishaps of one falling into a small stream - right up to his chest !!! (No camera was harmed). Another knocked his own tripod over smacking the lens into the floor (another good reasons to ALWAYS use the lenshood). And one member reversing their car into a huge rock - it was all good fun. Surprisingly we walked over 20 miles in total but NOT up a hill; its just not efficient and the results are rarely worth it too. So I'll kick off with a few of mine to get the ball rolling and the others will hopefully follow

This is a mere sample of the shots I considered keepers, if you'd like to see the full story and my 70 images go here :)

http://www.davidgoodierphotography.co.uk/lakes-holiday-may-2015/

1 - spot the ducks !!!

David Goodier Photography -27 1
by DG Phototraining on Talk Photography

2 - waterfall detail

David Goodier Photography -55 1

3 - Castlerigg standing stones and staring lamb

David Goodier Photography -101 1

4 - Ashness Landing at about 5:30 a.m. - a classic that's rude not to reshoot

David Goodier Photography -107 1

5 - and from the side too

David Goodier Photography -109 BW

More in a sec

Dave

Last edited:
6 - Crummock Water - poss my fav lake

David Goodier Photography -144 1

7 - and again

David Goodier Photography -177 1

8 - and again - see I did say

David Goodier Photography -201 1

9 - Buttermere from the opposite end to the 'Trees'

David Goodier Photography -223 !

10 - a shot on Ullswater - actually a test shot that just worked (I just plonked the camera down and fired, didn't even compose and this is uncropped lol)

David Goodier Photography -249 1

So there you go, a taster of a great weekend :)

Dave

Some lovely stuff there especially the mono skies, have to agree that Crummock is underrated photographically.

I'm guessing that it might have been Paul100 getting a bootful or 2... He was quite good at it in Iceland in March! (VERY good humoured about it when it happened, it must be said!) Could be tempted if there's another long weekend trip mooted - possibly with a non-photographer wife (who is very long suffering and happy to be around beautiful landscapes - if it's worth taking photos of it, chances are that it's worth looking at!)

Nice dramatic skies as usual David. Thanks for arranging the trip and pointing me towards this place. I'm importing into LR as we speak.
P.s. for your shot number 9 I'm not sure about that rock in the foreground. I think it needs swapping lol

Never mind the landscapes, where the one of the stream incident? :D

Great pics by the way :)

I'm loving the composition from No4 Dave. I don't think I'll be posting my jetty shot but I'll be going back lol

I couldn't get a good shot from that waterfall at Buttermere Carl but I really like that second one you posted. I clambered up there and wish I hadn't bothered lol

I haven't finished editing everything, but here's a few so far.

2 of Ashness Landing:

17649651070_8c8016a67b_b.jpg

17746134130_28ea372262_b.jpg

CW:
17861889141_41bcf8d7d9_b.jpg

annnd some Chaffinches.
17838288031_e8a0cefd90_b.jpg

17834736922_3c413b5f01_b.jpg

Thanks Dave.

I'd love to come on that one, I am available for those dates but will need to give it a think. 2 holidays for June already booked and still need to pay for Scotland and Disney :eek:

Some really nice photos there Paul :)

David, I'm going to have to give the Kirkby Lonsdale trip a miss but maybe I'll be able to make it to the next one.

Back