Lakes

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Just realised I haven't posted anything in this section for ages so here's a few recent pictures from the lakes.

DW
1238509166_seyHx-L.jpg

1238544057_qsXXn-L.jpg

1238622557_L2k5F-L.jpg

Blea Tarn
1D447512345Enhancer-L.jpg

1D442901234Adjust-L.jpg

1D4463839404142Enhancer-L.jpg

Cheers
Gary

Supurb photos. Why wasn,t the weather like that when I was there, instead of rain.....

My favourite place in Britain and these shots show why :)

Hello Gary awrsome set of images all top class enjoyed them all, I also look forward to more images from yourself :clap:

Last edited:
i was really quite happy with some of the landscape photos i took today.

then i saw these. Absolutely stunning. 4 and 5 are probably my pick of the bunch, seem perhaps a little oversaturated perhaps, but that kinda adds to the appeal in a strange way.

cracking images.!

Excellent set, very good processing and I particularly like the composition in #6.

Great series of shots, all the compositions work well for me - I'm not normally a fan of HDR but I actually like all of them although the colours in the Blea Tarn reflection shot are just a bit too much for me

Simon

Amazing set of photos. For me its no 1 and the last one, amazing reflections and great colour rendition. Well done

Great series of shots, all the compositions work well for me - I'm not normally a fan of HDR but I actually like all of them although the colours in the Blea Tarn reflection shot are just a bit too much for me

+1

I have never seen water that clear and showing some much detail of the rocks under water

The one with the fence and the one with the tree in the water are particularly effective because of this.

Excellent shots - cant wait to go back to the Lakes, just hope for some good weather on the next visit

A stunning set of images that show the Lake Districts beauty off immensly. Images I would certainly aspire to creating.

Any reason why the Photographer info says Roy Battell? I'd look into getting that updated ;)

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Image Date: 2011-04-23 04:52:18 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 16.0mm
Aperture: f/16.0
ISO equiv: 100
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Photographer: Roy Battell

Hi

Thanks for all the comments.
I'll try and answer the questions.

Camera was 1D4 and lenses were Canon 16-35 MK2 and a 24-105(mostly 16-35).No filters were used as I've basically stopped using them(apart from the big stopper now and again).
I now bracket every shot and batch process everything through Photomatix to blend the pics togrther.I aim for a fairly flat picture out of Photomatix so I can then process to how I'm feeling about the pics or how I remember the taking.
I am a lover of colour so do tend to over saturate slightly but thats how I like to see my photos.The Blea Tarn reflection pic reflects this.It was a very dull morning and when the sun made an appearance it made the area glow.It was still murky in my shooting position which made the area in the image seem even brighter.That's why I processed the image like I did.It's a reflection of how I remember it at the time.

Cheers
Gary

Loving 4, 5 and 6, but i'm a 'colour' fan too.

A great set again and I like your use of photomatix. Very effective and some beautiful colours.

beautiful! well done and thanks for sharing

Just echoing what other people have already said . . . .stunning images of the lakes. I was going to say 'picture postcard' images but then that wouldn't be doing them enough justice, so I'll just stick with 'stunning'.

All of places I know very well and would rather no-one knew about lol!

Back