Lakes..

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, heres a couple of pictures from my trip to the Lake District..

The light most of the time was very harsh.. although the wheather was glorious!!

Buttermere
Buttermere4.jpg

Buttermere21.jpg

This one is Stickle Tarn...

Tarn.jpg

Many thanks to Benroy for meeting up with me and showing me around.. (y)

Really lovely, Fraggle.... well done.

Great shots, is it just me or is the horizon slightly off in the first two tho? It's not easy to tell with the reflection, might just be my eyes! Been spending too long staring at sunsets and sunrises recently :LOL:

Love the first one Fraggle nice shot (y)
(the horizon looks slightly off? leaning to the left)

I hope you dont mind I straightened it, amd probably wrecked your composition :shrug:

Buttermere1_copy.jpg

Fraggle. These are lovely mate. The horizons were off but that is easy fixed. When dealing with reflections and not a proper straight horizon do a vertical alignment from a point that is reflected in the water ( apeak for example).

Good work with a real effort to introduce foreground interest that occupies space above and below the reflection line. :clap:

Thx everybody, the shots i took at Buttermere are the only ones i tool without a spirit level..my eyes are a little wonky!! lol..
I spent a long time looking through the view finder over the last 5 days, it seems the view through the focusing screen is way off.. so im not really able to accuratly guestimate the correct level without the bubble.. although towards the end id got used to the odd angle and im now more comfy with it.. but im still using the bubble for landscaping.. Essential kit imo...

Im soo pleased you guys seem to like em... thanks..

One from Derwent Water..

Derwent.jpg

All good shots, liking Derwent Water (y)

A well photographed jetty in Derwent..

Derwent_Jetty.jpg

And a self portrait taken early in the morning on Derwent.. its my first trip to the Lakes and i had the most wonderfull wheather.. the only complaint would be that it was very hazy

Derwent_And_Me.jpg

Although the light wasn't the best at the time of day, I really like the first one due to all of the diagonal lines leading perfectly to the centre peak.

Is that lone tree at Buttermere? I think I have seen this on one of Messiah Khans set last year, looks a great spot.

Nice set here.

Although the light wasn't the best at the time of day, I really like the first one due to all of the diagonal lines leading perfectly to the centre peak.

Is that lone tree at Buttermere? I think I have seen this on one of Messiah Khans set last year, looks a great spot.

Nice set here.

Thanks Jas, it is indeed Buttermere, its a smashing place!! so much to photograph but so little time!!! next visit i'll be climbing the peaks i hope.. iv got quite a lot of pictures to go through but cant bring myself to delete any!! lol..

Some good photos that Fraggle, Glad to see you're still into your hill climbing after that miserable day in the Beacons.

Looks like you had a great time :)

I loved it m8.. i just wished i had more time there... i shall be going there again soon thats for sure.. i ended up in Scotland for 2 days, but thats for another thread i think.. lol.. iv not got around to processing them yet..

I didnt think it was a miserable day in Wales.. i really enjoyed myself.. its a good day if you stay dry there... lol.. Im hoping to goto Neath in the near'ish future.. i'll drop you a pm if you like and we can hit the Falls..

The one with the tree in the water is great. The first shot, the trees on the left are distracting. Great exposure though :)

Its the first and third for me although on the first the tree is a problem, was it possible to move either side so the tree was not in the frame. The third one I would have taken some of the top, made more a square image as said though exposure spot on

Les F

Nice shots Tony, especially liking the second shot from Buttermere (y) I will have to head up there sometime, looks like a great place.
I'm glad to see one of us got a usable shot from the afternoon, you've made an excellent job of that 3rd photo in very tricky conditions.
Sounds like you had a successful trip, you certainly covered some miles. Where did you stop on your way back through the lakes?

Hi Ben, thanks for the nice comments, the sho from the tarn was made possible in the tricky light due to a nice chap that let me use his Polarizer... :LOL: So, thanks for that Ben.. (y) the ones withoput wernt too bad but this one had the edge..

I stopped back at Ullswater for the afternoon and sunset.. it wasnt bad, i managed to climb a hill and get a bit sweaty.. lol.. i took some shots at the Pier, they werent too bad, i MAY post some, im not sure yet.. i need to try again up there without being set to f22 as some of my shots may be suffering with some diffraction.. although it could just be that it was very hazy and just looks that way..

All in all, i covered 1,350 miles over 5days.. Iv just about recovered!! lol.. back to work tomorrow for the first time in 5 months so im really happy about that!!! :thinking: id rather be up in the Lakes!! lol...

was gonna say a long way north for a londoner to come

Whys that?? i bumped into quite a few Londoners in Fort William!! i was only there 2 hours aswell!! now that IS a long way north!!

Anyway, another of Buttermere..

Buttermere3.jpg

Looks a little blue to me.. was fine before i uploaded it.. :shrug:

Heres one of the pier..

Buttermere_Pier.jpg

Some nice shots, no.2 gets it for me though. Wished you had given a little more notice as i'd have gone up....maybe next time eh!

(y)
Ken.

Hi Ken, it was a spur of the moment thing really.. i wasnt sure i was going untill the night before and left very early in the morning..

Next time i'll give a little notice and maybe get a forum meet together...

i only wish it were!! lol.. just wonky eyes..

Anyway, they look straight to me!! :naughty:

I didnt think it was a miserable day in Wales.. i really enjoyed myself.. its a good day if you stay dry there... lol.. Im hoping to goto Neath in the near'ish future.. i'll drop you a pm if you like and we can hit the Falls..

I was referring to the weather not the company, as I do had a good day.

Feel free to pm me and we'll met up, the falls are always a good stroll.

Gerald

the three pics in the first post are stunning
real canvas on the wall material
bet they look good when big
excellent (y)

Back