Lamborghini LP640 - some of my shots from recent months

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

Well its Saturday night and I am spending tomorrow shooting a friends Lamborghini LP640 at an airfield near York.
I have shot this car a few times over the last six months and it is an absolute stunner and always a pleasure to photograph.

Here are some of my favourite shots: -

P8307257b.jpg

P8307264b.jpg

Outside the Queens Hotel in Leeds City Centre

P8307253b.jpg

Taken from a footbridge over the M1

P8307195b.jpg

P8307196b.jpg

Really like this one, strangely the oil drum is the same colour scheme as the interior of the car

P1262629b.jpg

A couple from a previous airfield event

PA200969b.jpg

P9280366b.jpg

Well if you have a car like this you have to play

P9280317b.jpg

P9280460b.jpg

Hope you like the pics, any C&C welcome.

Will post some of tomorrows shoot when I get back.

Regards

Tim

What a car, absolutely stunning!!! Nice pics too. But what a car...

Great pictures there. Love the one on the motorway in the traffic, the car sticks out like a sore thumb! Beautiful car.

Simon George's car from Evo isn't it?

As has been said, static shots are a little uninspiring considering the potential with a machine like this. Maybe try some lower angles and find a few more interesting backgrounds to shoot against?

The motorway shots are fantastic though, particuarly the traffic shot.

I know that car! Simon brought it along to VMAX last year - shot from the steps by the 747:

Lamborghini_Murcielago_LP640_2007-11-11_DSC0167-01.jpg

Hi there,

Well no joy yesterday, due to a number of factors we had no time to get the shots I was after.
The cars cannot run on the airfield after 5.30pm so even though the weather was great we had to leave it.

Yes the car is the one from EVO, I don't work for them but the owner writes in the fast fleet section and asks me to do some photography for him from time to time.

Thanks for the comments re: compostion. Static shots are something I am currently working on. I have shot moving stuff for ages but not much static.

I think this one is a bit better. What do you think ??

P1262605b.jpg

Regards

Tim

Do you allow editing of your images so other can express idea's visually ? I note your box isn't ticked.

Now and again, I am prone to a little sharing of crap idea's, lol

Kris,

Have changed my profile, should be ok now.

Be gentle with me.

Regards

Tim

Always liked your photos Kris but your attention to detail is unreal! Removing the lines from the concrete wouldnt have entered my head! Removing the passenger works a treat, although I wouldnt know where to begin for such a large task. Things like tax disc etc are all good too, love it.
Such a beautiful subject, just looks stunning amongst all the 'blenders' on the motorway. Good stuff tim.

Ok this might not be popular here but thats a incredibly stunning car with very mediochre photography...sorry. Dose'nt do the car any justice.

Iain

Ok this might not be popular here but thats a incredibly stunning car with very mediochre photography...sorry. Dose'nt do the car any justice.

Iain

Hi there,

Well I did say in my original post "any C&C welcome" so I suppose your post qualifies. :(

My photography is only a hobby and as such can only devote a small amount of time to it.

I have a limited budget and try to get what I class to be pretty reasonable pics, I accept that these are only a very small selection of loads of images I have and hopefully with patience and practise I will get better.

I have looked at some of your pics and they are superb as I would expect from a professional who earns a living from it, any tips you care to share on shooting cars and motorsport. Do the same principles apply as for your athletics shots ??

Regards

Tim

Hi Tim, not being nasty or anything , just being honest on the images, as I see them. Which principles were you refering to...

Iain

Iain,

Did not take the post as nasty.

I understand where you are coming from, the car is superb and the photos are certainly nowhere near the standard I would expect from a pro.

As for 'principles' (probably a poor choice of wording) what I meant was do you have any specific way of planning a shoot, finding locations, choosing the subject, lighting etc etc.

Just looking for some pointers really as I would really like to take my photography the next level.

Regards

Tim

I agree with Iain.

You live in leeds (or near) theres plenty of modern architecture even a multistory would of suited this car well I think if you did some intresting compositions and pp.Just have a drive around next time best time for light is sunset.If you're stuck for inspiration on what kind of location to use look on flickr at what other photographers have done shooting this car in terms of location etc.Not a dig just trying to help :)

I agree with Iain.

You live in leeds (or near) theres plenty of modern architecture even a multistory would of suited this car well I think if you did some intresting compositions and pp.Just have a drive around next time best time for light is sunset.If you're stuck for inspiration on what kind of location to use look on flickr at what other photographers have done shooting this car in terms of location etc.Not a dig just trying to help :)

Thanks thats what I'm after, ideas for my next attempt.

Regards

Tim

Yeah some modern architecture would look sweet with this car, maybe even some night shots in an industrial estate or some sort of factory setting. The car is a total machine and so I think it would suit that sort of look. Also the car is white, which in itself I think makes it hard to photograph well.

Night shots would be great with some selective lighting to show up some of the extreme angles and shapes on the cars body. Engine shots would be a must for this type of car too.

Hi Tim, blimey how do I go about a shoot...eek
Now this relates to say that running shot I posted in the sport section but the principles would be the same.

This is how I would go about it.
I have a book which I tend to carry with me which I use to jot down ideas or locations I come across when I am at sports event or on a job and notice something thats unusual or I could use for an other sport. I jot down, light setup ideas, location, diagrams etc. whatever comes to mind. Might never use them but if something comes along then its good to refer to it later.

The runner wanted somthing different rather than the usual head on shot and I rem the location before as I had shot a cyclist on the same road.

I went there with my camera and spent an hour or so looking over the location and angles and took a number of test shots. From there I worked out where the lights would be to give me the best shot, this would change slightly come the actual shoot, just a bit of refining.

So the day of the shoot I knew where I wanted to be, the runner to be and the lights to be. There is a bit of refining on the day of the shoot but thats down to the weather, ie sky clouds etc Also makes you look dead pro to the client! I took the shots I planned for then tried a few other different angles as well. If they don't work they don't work but if they do.....

Preperation and planning are the key things to a sucsessfull shoot....ok and a bit of luck thrown in with the weather!

Take these principles and make them suit the car shoot, look for unusual locations be it colour, reflective ,architecture etc. Oh and best thing ever is to take a pair of step ladders with you.....they are so handy.....trust me.

Last note , the guy that gives me inspiration is this chap, his automotive stuff is very high quality, should give you ideas as well.

http://www.ambientlife.co.uk/

Iain

Iain,

Fantastic post, just the sort of pointers I was looking for.

All being well should have access to this car again in the next few weeks so will be out in the meantime looking for suitable locations.

Do you think an Orange car would work better ? as this may be an option.

Really like the white one though.

Thanks all for the help and advice.

Regards

Tim

MMmmmmmmmmm LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO:puke:

Is it an LP640 or an ED640?

Beautiful car.

Beautiful photo's.

Well done:clap:

Hi Tim, my pref would be the orange car and set it against a dark background or find a costal or hilltop location just before the sun sets and light the car up....my fav style.

To give you an idea, I don't do alot of car photography but my mates boy got his new car so I did a quick shoot with him. He likes that Audi ad, the S3 I think it is, one with the heart beat audio and the car comes straight at you from the dark, so went with that type of theme...

gavcar1.jpg

gavcar2.jpg

Maybe give you some ideas, full gallery here..
http://www.imacimages.co.uk/cart/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=1624

hope this helps.

btw I am so envious of you shooting that car!

Iain

Sorry for the post hijak but Iain, what do you use to light the car?

Thanks Iain, was about to ask what skysports had to do with it then I read it again!

Back