Lancaster Bomber, Spitfire and Hurricane (BBMF) MORE ADDED

andy_fozzy

SPAM Merchant
Name
Andy!
Edit My Images
Yes
Who should drop in today, but the Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight!!

And everything was against me. Only had the 350D, TERRIBLE light, and the wrong flippin' settings on the camera (I was bracketing, and was accidentaly on Tv 1/125.......)

Anyway, I got one shot that I love:

4712529464_132d0f8e3d_b.jpg

May be able to salvage a few more, but I'm not building up any hopes :crying:

Last edited:
Andy, regardless of the odds being stacked against you I think you have a cracking photo here. Looking forward to seeing more of this set.

Shouldn't you be working Andy :D Great moments and photos Andy (y)

Can I ask, what does the artwork on the front of the lancaster signify? I can see maybe a Mother and Child though not sure of the meaning?

Beautiful shots I should add!!

Can I ask, what does the artwork on the front of the lancaster signify? I can see maybe a Mother and Child though not sure of the meaning?

'Phantom of the Ruhr'
It's Death dropping bombs.

I had to Google it, as I wasn't sure!!

But I found THIS

Ruined some excellent pics by HDR'ing the crap out of them. Makes me think I want to fly them on my PS3. Way way way overcooked.

Ruined some excellent pics by HDR'ing the crap out of them. Makes me think I want to fly them on my PS3. Way way way overcooked.

Lol. Nice picks but people do tend to use HDR a lot these days. I immediately though HDR when i saw them!

Great pics though!

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
I understand that HDR is not everybody's taste.
I love HDR, and the majority of my work is HDR.

But trust me, they certainly are NOT way way way overcooked.

The below example is what you called 'overcooked' ;)

4596807178_a93fef195c_o.jpg

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Neil, this baby may have been knackered at one point, not really sure.
There were several RAF personell working on her mind.........

Andy,

Wow I am jealous how I would love to have been able to take those shots. I am not always too keen on HDR but love the sky. Maybe HDRing the image and placing it over a well exposed image of the plane/ground and gently merging them together might also make a good shot. I also agree regarding the cones.

That last image of the tractor is great it looks like a painting (y)

Anyway nice shots.

Andy,

Wow I am jealous how I would love to have been able to take those shots. I am not always too keen on HDR but love the sky. Maybe HDRing the image and placing it over a well exposed image of the plane/ground and gently merging them together might also make a good shot. I also agree regarding the cones.

That last image of the tractor is great it looks like a painting (y)

Anyway nice shots.

Thanks matey (y)

I must admit, I was a tad 'chuffed to bits' to be standing so close to a true legend!!!

I think I agree about the cones.
I might have a play when I get a chance.........

Hi Andy, it must have been the new grip that brought you luck (y)

Nicely done I like 1 & 2 best with 3 & 4 making me think drawing/painting rather than photo.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
I understand that HDR is not everybody's taste.
I love HDR, and the majority of my work is HDR.

But trust me, they certainly are NOT way way way overcooked.

The below example is what you called 'overcooked' ;)

4596807178_a93fef195c_o.jpg

That International Tractor almost has the look of a painted watercolour.

This poor thing lined up at the end of the runway, then the pilot discovered a tech problem and came back on stand:

4714592091_e2c86dc721_b.jpg

Some lovely shots here, i'm not normally overly keen on HDR images but these work quite nicely IMO.

Back